Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
The user guide that's labelled as iOS6 in the support section at apple.com is actually the 5.1 user guide (as it even says on the first page of the pdf). Has anyone seen an iOS6 guide?

Regards,
Tom

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-03 at 3.27.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-03 at 3.27.49 PM.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 109

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Interesting. Go to http://www.apple.com/support/
Look for the Manuals link. The first one is for the iPhone 5 under Featured Manuals.

Yep, that's where I've been trying to get the manual from this whole time. On this screen it says iPhone 5 and iOS 6, but when I get the manual, it's for iOS 5.1.

I even tried clearing cache from Chrome, then tried using <shudder> IE8. Same thing.

Oh well, no point starting to read manuals now....

Regards,
Tom

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Yep, that's where I've been trying to get the manual from this whole time. On this screen it says iPhone 5 and iOS 6, but when I get the manual, it's for iOS 5.1.

I even tried clearing cache from Chrome, then tried using <shudder> IE8. Same thing.

Oh well, no point starting to read manuals now....

Regards,
Tom

It's a well known fact that Apple only serves the correct manuals in SAFARI ha ha. Worth a try, that's what I'm using :)

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
It's a well known fact that Apple only serves the correct manuals in SAFARI ha ha.
In light of recent events, I wouldn't be surprised!

Not sure why I haven't tried downloading it on my phone yet...yep, there it is, using the same URL I've been using on my PC.

ScreenShot.jpg

Thanks for the idea! Now...what the heck was I gonna look up.... :rolleyes:

Regards,
Tom

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
In light of recent events, I wouldn't be surprised!

Not sure why I haven't tried downloading it on my phone yet...yep, there it is, using the same URL I've been using on my PC.

View attachment 366346

Thanks for the idea! Now...what the heck was I gonna look up.... :rolleyes:

Regards,
Tom

That is crazy. No explanation for this one. Glad you got it, but you're right by now you forget what you wanted it for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.