PDA

View Full Version : Disk Utility Not Responding in ML

treehorn
Oct 3, 2012, 02:59 PM
I just performed a clean install of Mountain Lion on my Mac Pro, because I had been having some odd problems and decided that I should bite the bullet and do a clean install of everything (which I should have done from the start, I know...)

More than a little concerned as one of the big problems I was having just re-occurred.

I wanted to repair permissions to get everything on the right clean track and the Disk Utility program won't fully start (spinning 'clock,' no drives show up, and Force Quit shows "Disk Utility Not Responding"). As this was happening before the clean install, and as I haven't installed anything except Itunes and Aperture so far, I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this.

Before, this would happen and I'd have to re-start the computer to get it back on track, but this would usually happen in conjunction with using Compressor or FCP (which would also make the DVD drive non-responsive and screw up Toast and DVD Studio Pro). But as I haven't even tried to install those pieces of software yet...not sure what else could be causing this problem