Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
in a house
Hey..

I reformated and installed OSX Mountain Lion on my Macbook... but then I also created an new Apple ID for iCloud (because i want to delete my old email address pretty soon)

I have access to my old iCloud account. but how can i download my contacts? Its seems that my iPhone never synced with my gmail contacts... (when i add an new contact on my iphone it doesnt end up in my gmail address book)

So I want to download my iContact address book, and import it with my gmail.

Help appreciated, and thanks in advance.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
Many ways to export iCloud contacts. In your situation, the easiest might be to log into iCloud website > contacts > click settings button > export.

hawk1410

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
You can export contacts from you last account or even your google account or microsoft account.

anonymust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
in a house
Many ways to export iCloud contacts. In your situation, the easiest might be to log into iCloud website > contacts > click settings button > export.

Well I've found a way.

I signed into my old iCloud account, allowed it to sync all the contacts to my macbook.. and then I opened the contacts app then went File > Export >Contacts Archive...

This gave me all the contacts, along with the face images I have saved to my address book.

Then i signed out of my old iCloud, deleted all sync information and logged in with my new iCloud account and imported the file.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
Well I've found a way.

I signed into my old iCloud account, allowed it to sync all the contacts to my macbook.. and then I opened the contacts app then went File > Export >Contacts Archive...

This gave me all the contacts, along with the face images I have saved to my address book.

Then i signed out of my old iCloud, deleted all sync information and logged in with my new iCloud account and imported the file.

Glad that worked for you. I was trying to save you from having to log into the old account, export, then back in with the new account on your Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.