PDA

View Full Version : Grrr, Ipod Broken again and warranty expired.

smurfsgonewild
Aug 27, 2005, 03:12 PM
Well, here's what happened. I got the folder error icon so I tried fixing it myself and nothing happened so I paid my 30 bucks for shipping and sent it to good ole' Apple and they said nothing was wrong with it. It worked fine for about 3 weeks or so and it happened again and of course, my warranty has expired. I sent it in about two weeks before my warranty expired hoping that they'd fix it or give me a refurbished one but nope, I got mine back in the same condition, just reformated and updated.
I was just wondering if anybody had any advice on what to do. I'm thinking about calling Apple and seeing if I could bitch and moan enough to get them to fix it or something. Of course, I'm doubting this'll work but hey, it's worth a shot haha. If anybody has some sort of advice I'll greatly appreciate it. Maybe I'll mail out a cookie to you guys...maybe. Thanks in advance.

the_freddinator
Aug 27, 2005, 03:19 PM
buy the iPod protection plan. You'll get 2 years full support from the time you bought the iPod

smurfsgonewild
Aug 27, 2005, 03:22 PM
buy the iPod protection plan. You'll get 2 years full support from the time you bought the iPod
I thought you could only do that within a year of purchasing your iPod?

rockthecasbah
Aug 28, 2005, 09:21 AM
I thought you could only do that within a year of purchasing your iPod?
'tis true, if your warranty has expired you can't buy it. I had an iPod issue the week of my warranty's expiration so i bought it just in case the replacement has issues. But i think in this person's case the warranty has expired already so they can't buy iPod protection?