Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Hi all,

I want to know if BD live is possible on MAC using an external blue ray drive? reason im asking is coz im expecting a blue ray for christmas and it has bd-live content which as a filmmaker i would like to enjoy, i dont have a blueray play so anyone know if its possible?

Thanks

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Hi all,

I want to know if BD live is possible on MAC using an external blue ray drive? reason im asking is coz im expecting a blue ray for christmas and it has bd-live content which as a filmmaker i would like to enjoy, i dont have a blueray play so anyone know if its possible?

Thanks

You can directly play BD discs with libaacs.dylib (download it from http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ ).

I myself prefer ripping the discs to MKV's with MakeMKV and watching them without the plugin, because this allows for bigger freedom. (IIRC, you can't even access the subtitles when watching directly on a Mac.)

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
and bd-live?

Your pushing' it man. Apple hates Blu-ray...we barely get DVD here...I know how ya feel though because I have a Blu-ray burner and player hooked to my Mac and I usually gotta rip to MKV's first...gonna try this method though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.