PDA

View Full Version : powerbook ac adapter gets really hot!

orijinal
Aug 27, 2005, 07:50 PM
is it normal for this adapter to get REALLY hot? i know power adapters get hot but this is... crazy. i'm afraid that if i leave it on my desk it will start to burn a hole through... or something horrible like that.

ouch!

goodtimes5
Aug 27, 2005, 07:53 PM
I can't touch my iBook power adapter for more than 3 seconds without letting it go in fear of burns.

I make nothing of it though.

Stinkythe1
Aug 27, 2005, 08:03 PM
Seems like when the adapter is charging it gets super hot. But the rest of the time it's just warm.

EricNau
Aug 27, 2005, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I don't have a Apple Notebook :( but my old laptop computer's adaptor got very hot, but if you are having doubts, call up Apple, they should know. (or if you have an Apple Store nearby, just go in and feel the adaptors they have for thier notebooks).

Jay42
Aug 27, 2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I am a new powerbook owner, and I was pretty surprised by how hot it gets. Then again, I was also surprised by how small it is. I guess you can't have everything. I agree that its hotter when charging rather than just normal power when charged.

orijinal
Aug 27, 2005, 10:28 PM
i can make some nice steaks on there.

yeah it's warm when fully charged.

Eniregnat
Aug 28, 2005, 12:41 AM
I just spent $80 bucks for a new one.
The new one does not run as hot.
Charging is deftly a time when it gets much warmer, actually hot.
I wonder if the adapter works cooler with 220.
Anybody from the UK think that their adapter runs too hot.
Both the battries and the adpters get less efficient with time.

ajampam
Aug 28, 2005, 11:19 PM
I have joked a bunch of times about frying some eggs on it....boy the DO get HOT!!!! :o