PDA

View Full Version : Server won't update via App Store

LeicaMan111
Oct 4, 2012, 05:35 PM
I have the latest Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

My Server App 2.0.23 won't update to the latest version 2.1.1 via the App Store.

It's as if the App Store is not aware that the App is installed and running on my machine! If I go to the App in the Store there is an option to buy it. All my other apps in the store do not have this option and instead say "installed".

How can I make the App Store realize that the Server App is "installed" on my system? I assume that there is now no other way to update it other than the App Store, right?

Please help!

Thanks.

Weaselboy
Oct 4, 2012, 05:45 PM
It has to be updated through the app store. Did you buy it through the App store?

LeicaMan111
Oct 4, 2012, 06:16 PM
It has to be updated through the app store. Did you buy it through the App store?

I did but from an old account which is now dead.

Weaselboy
Oct 4, 2012, 06:44 PM
I did but from an old account which is now dead.

That is the problem. It will only update apps under purchased under the current AppleID login.

LeicaMan111
Oct 4, 2012, 07:00 PM
That is the problem. It will only update apps under purchased under the current AppleID login.

Thanks, but I have other apps like Aperture and Pages which were NOT purchased from the App Store at all. They are on CD/DVD discs. And it updates those just fine!

Weaselboy
Oct 5, 2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks, but I have other apps like Aperture and Pages which were NOT purchased from the App Store at all. They are on CD/DVD discs. And it updates those just fine!

That is because, as you said, they were not purchased from the App store so are not tied to any AppleID.