Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeicaMan111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I have the latest Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

My Server App 2.0.23 won't update to the latest version 2.1.1 via the App Store.

It's as if the App Store is not aware that the App is installed and running on my machine! If I go to the App in the Store there is an option to buy it. All my other apps in the store do not have this option and instead say "installed".

How can I make the App Store realize that the Server App is "installed" on my system? I assume that there is now no other way to update it other than the App Store, right?

Please help!

Thanks.

LeicaMan111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
That is the problem. It will only update apps under purchased under the current AppleID login.

Thanks, but I have other apps like Aperture and Pages which were NOT purchased from the App Store at all. They are on CD/DVD discs. And it updates those just fine!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks, but I have other apps like Aperture and Pages which were NOT purchased from the App Store at all. They are on CD/DVD discs. And it updates those just fine!

That is because, as you said, they were not purchased from the App store so are not tied to any AppleID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.