Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
Hey everyone, I'm having an issue that I've been unable to resolve...

I use Logic on an imac and a macbook, and the imac seems to be missing some sample files, while the macbook is fine. More specifically, it seems to be the EXS 24 instruments that sometimes are missing their samples, I get warnings when loading certain instruments that Logic can't find the AIF sample for that instrument. Here's a specific example: the Steinway piano always tell me that I'm missing Stw ped v1 024.aif.

So I have a 2 part question.

Part 1) Suggestions on how to fix this... I've considered just reinstalling Logic, but that will take time... which leads me to question # 2:

Part 2) I figured a simple solution would be to find the missing AIF files on my macbook and just copy them over (I screenshot each missing file message). Sound good in theory right... but... OS X (Mountain Lion) will not let me find the files anywhere... I figured they might be hidden, but even with my files unhidden I can't find them, either manually or with spotlight. Is there a way to get spotlight to search for hidden files? I assume so...

Here are some AIF's the are "missing" from the iMac:
YT2-SHWDSKX01_2ue
DC Tit Hat 08
Stw ped v1 024
APicA f atk d1x c#
IL Btl Bass bomb 08
DC Tit Hat 08
megapadchordz.01

Even if I could at least find them on the macbook, that would help...

Any help that anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated... Thanks!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
You could try to patch it up by hand, copy the missing files. They are in /library/application support and then I think /audio
But the better approach is to figure out what happened. files should not simply disappear.

myarun125

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
Wow that is great this is all informative info if you read this all then you can use this info our daily ruten life.

curlydog

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2009
Missing Logic files

I'm having the exact same problem.

I've migrated from my old Macbook Pro to a new one but I'm running Lion.
Someone sent me a songfile and I was missing the Glockenspeil
GLS2_Pia_mf_GS.wav and also the Steinway Piano Stw ped v1 024.AIF

I've spent most of the day downloading everything again. I'm still missing the Steinway but now have the Glock. These are basic instrument files and they were present on my old MacBook ...so where did they go?

Is it that I did an update to 9.1.8? or that I updated Garage Band.

Finally I'm re-downloading the Logic "Essential" package again and hoping that this solves the Steinway issue...but this is really dull. These are huge downloads!!

Will this happen again when I move to Mountain Lion?:eek:

Did you solve your problem in the end Sackvillenb?

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
Sorry for the late follow up. Did you fix your issue curlydog?

I did manage to fix it but only by redownloading the sample packs individually (I redownloaded them a few times prior, but all at once, and that never helped). And I never could find the actual sample files. Even when getting the system to show hidden files, etc. Kinda weird...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.