PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown now quicker after supplemental

SR45
Oct 5, 2012, 07:58 AM
Supplemental update downloaded yesterday and no changes to the time it took to shutdown. Today, less than 24 hours later, using the Control > Option > Command > Media Eject key and the shutdown is now 3/4 seconds. Tried this 5 times now to be sure and its still 3 to 4 seconds shutdown.

Unknown if its the Supplemental download that was released from Apple yesterday that had something to do with it, but it's now working.

Anyone else ?

SR45
Oct 5, 2012, 08:24 AM
Supplemental update downloaded yesterday and no changes to the time it took to shutdown. Today, less than 24 hours later, using the Control > Option > Command > Media Eject key and the shutdown is now 3/4 seconds. Tried this 5 times now to be sure and its still 3 to 4 seconds shutdown.

Unknown if its the Supplemental download that was released from Apple yesterday that had something to do with it, but it's now working.

Anyone else ?

Forget it people. Just tried it again twice and the shutdown went back up to 20 seconds again. Unknown what happen a bit ago with the 4 second shutdown that I tried 5 times and worked.

razmarino
Oct 5, 2012, 09:23 AM
Forget it people. Just tried it again twice and the shutdown went back up to 20 seconds again. Unknown what happen a bit ago with the 4 second shutdown that I tried 5 times and worked.

noticed that when you restarting for a second time in a row - its quick, but after a couple hours of work - its slow.. btw this supplemental is a good sign, may there will more little fixes like this, look how they did with spotlight problem in 7.5

Mike MA
Oct 5, 2012, 09:31 AM

Anyone else ?

No.

Mr. McMac
Oct 5, 2012, 09:37 AM
My '09 iMac and new Mac mini still have slow shutdown issues after the update. Hopefully the next update will fix it, and other issues as well..