Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deGenova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
I was responding to this post today - AND INSTEAD OF BEING IGNORED I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP .....Thank you
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post

Here's a foolproof guide for a restore BACK TO 5.1.1 FORM 6.0.....
Download 5.1.1 from "somewhere" (google it) (Put on desktop for finding easy, or remember exactly where it is....perhaps downloads folder!?
Plug device into iTunes (latest version)
Hold power and home button down for 10 seconds
Release power button and keep holding home button
"iPhone detected in recovery mode" will be the iTunes message.
Hold Shift and press Retore in iTunes. When window opens navigate to and select 5.1.1 ipsw
Let it restore and you ll be back on 5.1.1
As far as then restoring from backup goes...you must have a 5.1.1 backup to do this. If iCloud or iTunes (go to EDIT, PREFERENCES, DEVICES to see if there is one there, use the date it was made to judge what iOS it is) has a 5.1.1 you this.......otherwise you got to set up as a new phone....
Simple! Is this still a viable option?

I posted a thread on this topic and not a single fr____g person answered out of 918 views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Please help - I had my iPhone 3 GS (OS 5.1.1) unlocked by AT+T and was taken to iTunes for a restore of the iPhone BUT it loaded FULL VERSION (not beta) 6.0 instead of keeping me in 5.1.1 AUTOMATICALLY - I had no choice in the matter - Therefore LOSING my Jail Broken status and my Cydia file. I need help restoring my iPhone back to 5.1.1"
"ETC ETC ETC!!

I have tried several times and iTunes blocks a restore to 5.1.1

I doubt that Apple is still signing 5.1.1 SO is it still possible to go back to 5.1.1. Can anyone here guide me in restoring my iPhone back to 5.1.1 for purposes of a new Jailbreak. ........Thank you for any help with this."

I did do a backup. And I have this on my desktop - iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.