PDA

View Full Version : My new iBook

Vierge99
Nov 20, 2002, 03:00 PM
After reading about macs for two years and following all of the rumors and news, I've finally purchased my first mac. A brand new 14" 800MHz iBook. I'm so excited I can barely wait.

I've been using pee-cee's for about 12 years. A few years ago switching to a career in networking and server administration. And from this I can honestly say that I hate Wintel machines. More specifically... Windows. It doesn't matter what version, they're all bug-prone, resource-hogging, vaporware. I haven't even held my mac in my hands and I'm already glad that I've decided to switch. Yes I know, I'm sending this post from a PC, but soon I won't have to. Goodbye Windows. Goodbye forever.

BTW: Anyone know how fast the combo drive in the ibook will burn a standard CD?

edesignuk
Nov 20, 2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Vierge99
BTW: Anyone know how fast the combo drive in the ibook will burn a standard CD?
16 x write, 8 x re-write, 24 x read, 8 x DVD read (http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html)
Welcome to the club! ;)

razakaze
Nov 20, 2002, 03:28 PM
the ibook i a steady work horse, im sure you2 get along fine.

work great with X desktop and linux.

a friend of mine use mac, it af ibook 500Mhz and its really cool. runs much smoother than the x86 machines running linux

lmalave
Nov 20, 2002, 03:42 PM
Excellent! Good choice! I just got my first Mac (12.1" iBook) about two weeks ago. It rocks. I'm never going back to Windows. And I can stop struggling with desktop Linux. A Mac running OS X plus the various iApps has anything anyone from my grandma to a hard-core Unix geek would want from a home computer.

Mike Teezie
Nov 20, 2002, 11:10 PM
I am a switcher too. This post is coming from my brother's PC. My new powerbook will be my first Mac, if it ever gets here. I am so excited to leave Micro$oft behind.

Vierge99
Dec 12, 2002, 04:05 PM
Well I changed my order to be a 12" iBook instead of the larger one because too many people were complaining about the 14" iBook being really flimsy.

I'm glad I did. My little 12" wonder has been performing wonderfully for almost a week straight now. I'm even running Photoshop on it with minimal slow-down. I love this thing. Now I know why Mac users are so devoted. Count me in.

lmalave
Dec 13, 2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Vierge99
Well I changed my order to be a 12" iBook instead of the larger one because too many people were complaining about the 14" iBook being really flimsy.

I'm glad I did. My little 12" wonder has been performing wonderfully for almost a week straight now. I'm even running Photoshop on it with minimal slow-down. I love this thing. Now I know why Mac users are so devoted. Count me in.

Good choice!!