Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I am trying to find a flip cover that flips up, is open at the bottom, and the phone sits in the case like this one:

iphone_5_cases_1.jpg

Unfortunately the piel-frama is just a little too pricey for me.

I did find the melko jacka type,

but I like it to open at the bottom because it makes it much easier to dock/charge/put in headphones. I like the way the phone snaps/sits in there, rather than having a leather band across the screen. Even with the cutouts I always had trouble with it covering parts of the home button or some of the apps, and I think it just looks cleaner without leather bands across the screen.

Can anyone suggest a case? I have searched the forum and looked at just about every website but can't seem to find one. As an aside a wallet type case, but they all seem to cover the volume and mute buttons when they are closed.

burningrave101

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
If I keep the iPhone 5 I'm thinking about picking up the Piel Frama iMagnum since I had one for the original Galaxy Note and the soft leather is very high quality. Compared to cheaper leather cases it just feels great to hold. The only thing I'm worried about is since the black iPhone 5 is prone to nicks and scratches the Piel Frama has the iPhone more exposed than the one for my Note was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.