Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
i have been looking for back protection as well .. currently using an incipio feather but dont really like the way it feels ..

the mix looks good but i dont want a matte back .. the other full body protection they offer is wet application .. still unsure what to get

pedgy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
but the matte is just for the aluminum part to still give it that affect. The tops and bottoms are the ultra crystal
i have been looking for back protection as well .. currently using an incipio feather but dont really like the way it feels ..

the mix looks good but i dont want a matte back .. the other full body protection they offer is wet application .. still unsure what to get

julius071

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
I'm still using the back protector from factory. Can't beat original Apple back protectors. Haha...

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Which ones did you end up buying?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130771007987

My only gripe is that there's slight bubbles where the aluminum section of the phone ends because its slightly raised. I'm thinking of cutting the protector into 3 pieces similar to the spigan films. Since its a 5 pack, there's room for experimentation.

Other than that the overall cut of the film and camera/light hole is perfect.

Mr. RPG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2012
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130771007987

My only gripe is that there's slight bubbles where the aluminum section of the phone ends because its slightly raised. I'm thinking of cutting the protector into 3 pieces similar to the spigan films. Since its a 5 pack, there's room for experimentation.

Other than that the overall cut of the film and camera/light hole is perfect.

What about the front protector? It covers the camera, does the camera still work well?

I am interested in getting this, it's cheaper and ships much quicker than the ones from China. :p

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I would have gotten the spigen dry install if it had been out when I ordered, but I got a bestskinsever full body and only applied the back. It's still drying right now, so the jury is out, but I think it will be good for the cost. But, of course you have to be ok with doing a wet install.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
What about the front protector? It covers the camera, does the camera still work well?

I am interested in getting this, it's cheaper and ships much quicker than the ones from China. :p

I'm actually not using the front ones. I'm using the spigen ultra clear for front. I bought this primarily for the back films :D

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
My setup is

Otterbox commuter
Generik Front
Xtremeguards rear

GENERIK SCREEN PROTECTOR
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1454306/

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475-1.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1456-1.jpg

IMG_1457-1.jpg

IMG_1459-1.jpg

IMG_1460-2.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1482-1.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
I just ordered the Spigen glas.t and was planning to have the phone naked but wanted some protection for the back.

I was looking at iPhone 5 Screen Protector Set Steinheil Ultra Crystal Mix (Front & Back)
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...rotector-set-steinheil-ultra-crystal-mix.html

If you have any other suggestions please let meknow.

Thank you

Pedgy

Just received this set from Spigen/SGP, and after just a few hours with it, I have to say my opinion is good.

I was a little skeptical about the matte back/crystal back but they went on surprisingly well! So well that many cases I have for the iPhone 5 still work well!

The matte portion of the rear protector imitates the feel if the aluminum very well and the other two pieces do the same for the glass of the back of the phone.

I was already using the Spigen/SGP Ultra-Olephobic for the front of the iPhone 5, so I have not used the one they included as part of the set.

I like the feel of the phone with nothing on it, and this combo by Spigen/SGP seems to be on the right track!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.