PDA

View Full Version : ipod nano gen 7th - how to change song quickly??

tianh2002
Oct 6, 2012, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking about buying the new ipod nano 7th gen. I love the ipod nano on the 4th generation because i can change the song back and forth without looking at the ipod (buy just tapping the forward and backward button). Do you know if i change the song on the ipod nano 7th generation by click the volume rocker? or by sleep/wake button? I need to change the song quickly without looking at it?

thanks

G-Money
Oct 6, 2012, 10:50 AM
Well, it hasn't been released yet, so no one knows the answer to your question.

That being said, the 6G Nano lets you quickly skip forward a song by double-pressing the sleep/wake button. I would imagine that you would have the same (or a similar) option on the 7G Nano.

Hexiii
Oct 6, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm thinking about buying the new ipod nano 7th gen. I love the ipod nano on the 4th generation because i can change the song back and forth without looking at the ipod (buy just tapping the forward and backward button). Do you know if i change the song on the ipod nano 7th generation by click the volume rocker? or by sleep/wake button? I need to change the song quickly without looking at it?

thanks

I think there is a button in the middle of up/down volume buttons, which works like on the remote of earphones. So when you double-click it, it changes the song forward and when you triple-click, it changes the song backwards.

musicpenguy
Oct 6, 2012, 02:23 PM
Yea the headphones provide one easy way to do that - there may be the sleep/wake button as well.

Hexiii
Oct 7, 2012, 04:49 AM
Yea the headphones provide one easy way to do that - there may be the sleep/wake button as well.

I didn't mean just the headphones, there's also a button on the nano in between the volume buttons. At least it looks that way.

darknessangel
Oct 20, 2012, 03:28 PM

thanks

You have to use something like a morse code on he button between th volume rocker. double click, hold, etc. Good luck, I still have one with click wheel !

Jessica Lares
Oct 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
From the manual:

Turn the screen on or off while you listen to music or other audio - Press the Sleep/Wake button.
Turn iPod nano off completely, or to turn it back on - Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds.
Adjust the volume while listening to songs or other media - Press the Volume Up or Volume Down button. These buttons also control the volume for alerts and other sounds.
Play or pause audio - Press the Play/Pause button.
Skip to the next audio track - Press the Play/Pause button twice.
Skip to the previous audio track - Press the Play/Pause button three times.
Return to the Home screen - Press the Home button.