Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
NY
1) iMessage conversations are all delayed. The conversation will "go dark", and then I'll get an onslaught of messages in a huge bundle, one after the other. Also, the notifications will pop up on my lock screen, I'll go to read the message, and it's not there. The vibrating cue also happens at random points.

2) Since setting up my iPhone 5, my music library has been royally ****ed. There are duplicate songs/albums, some albums don't work altogether (if I play any song in the album, it will rapidly and automatically skip tracks through the very end of the album), and artwork is also now randomly missing.

Everything is updated and configured correctly. Got any ideas?

lifeguard

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
only thing I can think to ask is did you set up form a back up? If so do a full restore and set up as new. I know its a PITA but its well worth it. Something is conflicting and the easiest fix is a restore as new. GOod luck

greensecret

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
iMessage delays/lags

After upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPod touch, I am having lots of delays with iMessage. Sometimes it takes up to half an hour to get my message to go through to my friends with iPhones, usually it takes an average of 10 minutes when it used to be 1-2 seconds. Sometimes it goes through fast but often not, especially if the other person's screen isn't active (if it's "napping") even though it used to wake up the device to alert them. Also, I hear the alert but the message won't show up in the iMessage app for up to a minute or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.