Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
I've had iFrogz original luxe, but the screen protector bubbled when sliding it on. It was ok on the 3GS, but not the 4 for some reason. Now I have a Speck fabric case where the top and bottom snap together and all the buttons are exposed on the Speck and iFrogz which is what I prefer.

I was looking at the Speck CandyShell Grip case. It looks nice and I know Speck makes pretty good cases. I want something minimal, but offers decent drop protection. I don't drop my phone much and the Otterbox would be overkill for me. But I do need something with grip. As much as I love clear cases to show off my phone, I don't like all plastic because I'm afraid I will drop it. Too slippery I think.

I have heard that some cases get dirt trapped under the covered parts where the volume and lock buttons are. I am fairly careful with my phones. I take my phone out of the case maybe every couple of months to clean the dust and it's rarely that dirty.

I was wondering if anyone has any complaints about covered buttons and dirt getting trapped.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.