Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buying Juice Pack for extended battery life?

• Total voters

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
I emailed Mophie with some hope of getting information about a battery case. Not much info with the reply but still kind of reassuring...

Dear Customer,

We've had a lot of inquiries from our loyal customers regarding products for the iPhone 5.

We traditionally have always had compatible products close to the launch of our premier partners' products. We do our best to ensure we are always ready for what is released. It is our top priority and our passion.

We are working around the clock to develop new products for use with the newly announced iPhone 5. Please be patient and know that we will be announcing our products soon and you won't be disappointed.

In the meantime, please join our email list and you will be notified as soon as we have more information.

Thanks for sticking with us,

Staci Lajiness
Customer Advocate
mophie

2nd EMAIL:
Halloween general email about secondary battery options:( lol.

3rd EMAIL: Mophie introduced GALAXY S3 JUICE PACK!!! THOSE SOB'S lol.

4th Email: Well December is a few days away and it doesn't seem like Mophie will have a five case before Christmas. This 4th email just highlighted the deals for Cyber Monday...

Last edited:

Dukat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Does anyone know if the Mophie battery case has a lip on the front so you can lay it face down without touching the screen?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
The wait is going to be extra long if you are expecting a iPhone 5 compatible Battery Case.

The Lighting dock as of now is propietary and Apple is not willing at this time to allow accessory manufacturers to produce anything that works with the Lightning dock.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
The wait is going to be extra long if you are expecting a iPhone 5 compatible Battery Case.

The Lighting dock as of now is propietary and Apple is not willing at this time to allow accessory manufacturers to produce anything that works with the Lightning dock.

Yeah that's too bad, you would think that Apple would be willing to work with the more respected accessory companies like Mophie.

ziggo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
Damn! I'm REALLY needing a Mophie battery case to take with me while I'm gone To New Orleans for ROTC training at the end of the month but I guess THAT won't be possible:(

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida

This is actually not true. There are several third party vendors that are already working on new sound docks etc.. I would imagine that Mophie will be allowed to purchase the license from Apple as well given their longstanding relationship with each other.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Damn! I'm REALLY needing a Mophie battery case to take with me while I'm gone To New Orleans for ROTC training at the end of the month but I guess THAT won't be possible:(

Your best bet would just be purchasing a battery pack to charge on the go.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
This is actually not true. There are several third party vendors that are already working on new sound docks etc.. I would imagine that Mophie will be allowed to purchase the license from Apple as well given their longstanding relationship with each other.

Yeah this is definitely good to hear. You would have to think this would be the case....

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010

False. Third party manufacturers have to go through an approval process, but Apple is by no means blocking them.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
False. Third party manufacturers have to go through an approval process, but Apple is by no means blocking them.

Approval/Blocking, whatever.

All I'm saying it's going to be a while before Lighting compatible accessories will be available.

But hey, if Apple all of a sudden approves everyone and their Grandmother to make the stuff, WOOHOO!!!

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Approval/Blocking, whatever.

All I'm saying it's going to be a while before Lighting compatible accessories will be available.

But hey, if Apple all of a sudden approves everyone and their Grandmother to make the stuff, WOOHOO!!!

Agreed!!Haha

It would be cool if other people emailed MOPHIE to post the responses they got here.

Anyone receive more/different information???????? Let us know!!!!

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
I got the same information, I bought a 6000 mah mophie battery pack.

Charged the iPhone 5 from 0% to 99% (I didn't want to wait anymore for it to get to 100%) in 2hrs 14 minutes and used 1 green led out of the four's worth of battery storage.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Anybody get excited when they got the Halloween email today from Mophie? lol I thought it was the announcement for the iPhone 5 case....:(:p

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
Anybody get excited when they got the Halloween email today from Mophie? lol I thought it was the announcement for the iPhone 5 case....:(:p

I was anticipating a new case as well but was disappointed when I only saw an advertisement for their old products.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
So, the third email.....

THEY CAME OUT WITH AN S3 JUICE PACK! dammit!

lmao, every email I hope for the iPhone 5 juice pack.:rolleyes:

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
They know they need to make an iPhone 5 version and they're working on It. What else is there to listen to?

pharazon

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Hopefully Mophie can stay true to the slim, light design of the 5. I have relied extensively on their case for the 4S, and now that I have grown accustomed to the 5, I find it unlikely that I would use a case that adds that much weight and bulk to the phone. I would rather carry a small external pack than constantly wield such a portly device again.

If they can manage to add even a few hours (3 -4) without adding much bulk, I would be interested..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.