Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DHeff11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
I just got my first smartphone ever, the IPhone 5. The only game I have paid for so far is Shining Force, since it is one of my favorites as a kid (even though Shining Force 2 is way better). I hit the button to play the game and it just takes me back to the home screen. Is there anything I can do or do I just wait??

Thanks for the help!

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
Aside from force-quitting the app and relaunching and rebooting your phone, I don't think there's anything that you can do. You may want to contact the company that released the app to make them aware that there's a problem.

bpcookson

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
MA
I've checked my App Store updates EVERY DAY since the release of iOS 6 waiting for this fix. Sent several emails back and forth with Sega. This was finally fixed today. :D

tenchiten

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2014
Shining force on iMac

Hello, is Shining Force available to play on the iMac ?
I don't really want to play it on my iPhone as my experience of the game(s) were on the sega megadrive many years ago so I want to play them again on my desktop.

Thank you.

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
Hello, is Shining Force available to play on the iMac ?
I don't really want to play it on my iPhone as my experience of the game(s) were on the sega megadrive many years ago so I want to play them again on my desktop.

Thank you.
I found Shining Force and Shining Force II on Steam for $3 each, but they're only for Windows. If you have virtualization software like Parallels or VMWare you should be able to play them without any trouble, considering that they're not graphically intense games.

Another option is to emulate the original game. Use OpenEmu (free) to emulate the Sega Genesis. You'll need to find the Shining Force ROM online for yourself; it's not difficult, but ROMs are in something of a legal gray zone and thus I doubt that MacRumors would want it being linked here.

Regardless of which route you go, I hope you have a gamepad to play with! It just feels better than using a keyboard...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.