PDA

View Full Version : Angry Birds Star Wars Comes Out November 8th

MacRumors
Oct 8, 2012, 01:15 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/08/angry-birds-star-wars-comes-out-november-8th/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/10/angrybirdsstarwars.jpgIn what is perhaps the inevitable next step for the marketing juggernaut that is Angry Birds, Rovio has teamed up with George Lucas for the next installment in the Birds-Kill-Pigs franchise.

Angry Birds Star Wars, the company announced today (http://www.rovio.com/en/news/press-releases/226/angry-birds-star-wars-join-forces), will be released on November 8th for iOS and Mac, as well as a host of other platforms.

Rovio is going all out with the marketing tie-in, launching a Tumblr page (http://www.angrybirds.com/starwars) with fan art, wallpapers, and more.
"This is the best Angry Birds game we've ever done. It's the best parts of Angry Birds with all new cutting-edge gameplay set in in a galaxy far, far away," said Peter Vesterbacka, the Mighty Eagle and CMO of Rovio. "As a big Star Wars fan myself, I'm really excited about this new universe. The Force is definitely strong with this one."lyB6G4Cz9fI

Article Link: Angry Birds Star Wars Comes Out November 8th (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/08/angry-birds-star-wars-comes-out-november-8th/)

Sky Blue
Oct 8, 2012, 01:17 PM
milk it baby, milk it!

Solomani
Oct 8, 2012, 01:20 PM
The Bacon is strong in this one.

Use the Egg Luke, use the Egg.

JPark
Oct 8, 2012, 01:24 PM
Excellent timing! I could probably use some cheering up after the elections.

dfinecy
Oct 8, 2012, 01:25 PM
I suppose this is just the natural progression.... *sigh*

xxgilxx
Oct 8, 2012, 01:36 PM
George Lucas would have never allowed this!...Oh wait he did!

olowott
Oct 8, 2012, 01:37 PM
sooooo interested in this version :D:D

Master KFC - "May The Force be With U "

goobot
Oct 8, 2012, 01:40 PM
People still play angry birds?

supmango
Oct 8, 2012, 01:42 PM
I wonder if this one will actually be compatible with the iPhone 5's 4 inch screen.

APlotdevice
Oct 8, 2012, 01:47 PM
Two over-milked franchises for the price of one!

applesith
Oct 8, 2012, 01:56 PM
Looks like I will finally make the Angry Birds jump. So excited!

JPark
Oct 8, 2012, 01:59 PM
Two over-milked franchises for the price of one!

Very true. Over the years I've gotten to the point where I don't automatically buy every new Star Wars thingy that comes out just because it's Star Wars and over the months I've stopped buying new Angry Birds games. But bring the two together and I'm all in!

phillipduran
Oct 8, 2012, 02:00 PM
People still play angry birds?

Not cutting edge, New York hipsters like you.

As for the rest of us, :) fun is fun :) and we don't care if it is stylish. :)

JPark
Oct 8, 2012, 02:00 PM
Well said. Nothing to add.

Thank you for checking in anyway to let us know that. But hey! There's a link to your software in your signature for us to click on and you were subtle enough that people may not even consider this spamming. Well played!

BornAgainMac
Oct 8, 2012, 02:36 PM
I am buying this one.

FlameofAnor
Oct 8, 2012, 02:37 PM
George Lucas would have never allowed this!...Oh wait he did!

The real Lucas died years ago...... he's strictly animatronic these days. ;)

JPark
Oct 8, 2012, 02:56 PM
The real Lucas died years ago...... he's strictly animatronic these days. ;)

Absolutely not true! They did away with animatronics years ago. George is strictly CGI now. :)

bulldoze
Oct 8, 2012, 02:59 PM
My 5yr old boy loves Angry Birds and is a big fan of Star Wars stuff.

When he saw this I think he fell off his chair! I pity the school teachers, they will hear nothing else from now until Nov 8th.

Lukeyy19
Oct 8, 2012, 03:31 PM
I think i'll give this a miss, but seeing as they're doing movie tie-ins, i'm waiting for this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/3232/angrybirdspulpfictionlu.png

Ishimaru
Oct 8, 2012, 03:48 PM
People still play angry birds?I agree, I lost interest after the first one. Space was "fun" for almost a minute.

iVoid
Oct 8, 2012, 03:50 PM
I bet the lightsaber in-app upgrade is $20

:p

maroontiger2k9
Oct 8, 2012, 03:51 PM
"Angry Birds Space", "Bad Pigs", now this?!

What next?!, Angry Birds, the Musical?

MattInOz
Oct 8, 2012, 04:27 PM

Could be an Angry Birds - Wiggles joint venture?
They are already colour co-ordinated.

needfx
Oct 8, 2012, 04:29 PM
milk it baby, milk it!

your lack of faith is disturbing

ChristianJapan
Oct 8, 2012, 04:38 PM

An Apple/Googe/Samsung version. :D
Pigs holding a SG3 or Note get hit by an :apple:
Or vice-versa for "the other" platform (which wouldn't be approved by :apple:)

AmpSkillz
Oct 8, 2012, 04:45 PM
I think i'll give this a miss, but seeing as they're doing movie tie-ins, i'm waiting for this:

Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img823/3232/angrybirdspulpfictionlu.png)

so... does the red bird have 1 black hand?

Mal
Oct 8, 2012, 04:46 PM
I'll probably get it. I haven't quite finished Bad Piggies yet, but they've all been fun, and the newer games have been even more fun than the old ones. I like that I can pick it up, play a few levels, and not have to sit there and play for hours to get anywhere (not that most mobile games are that way, but it doesn't require constant attention).

jW

Bathplug
Oct 8, 2012, 04:47 PM
They should've made angry birds universal apps with icloud integration for gamesaves.

BlueParadox
Oct 8, 2012, 05:08 PM
But the big question is: who's gonna shoot first, the birds or the pigs?!

Mactendo
Oct 8, 2012, 05:22 PM
What a shame for Lucas. A mediocre and mindless game mixed with one of the best space sagas of all time.

Lukeyy19
Oct 8, 2012, 05:25 PM
so... does the red bird have 1 black hand?

picky picky, I made it in 5 minutes, give me a break.

croooow
Oct 8, 2012, 05:36 PM
sooooo interested in this version :D:D

Master KFC - "May The Force be With U " Never played, might give it a shot as long as it is less than $5.

faroZ06
Oct 8, 2012, 07:20 PM
Not cutting edge, New York hipsters like you.

As for the rest of us, :) fun is fun :) and we don't care if it is stylish. :)

It's fun until you run out of levels. But Angry Birds Star Wars... they're just ruining the Star Wars name. First the sub-par prequels, then the corny animated series, then this.

CFreymarc
Oct 8, 2012, 07:38 PM

At least a Saturday morning cartoon or streaming it weekly.

GoCubsGo
Oct 8, 2012, 07:51 PM
They should've made angry birds universal apps with icloud integration for gamesaves.

Damn, that's a great idea!

Navdakilla
Oct 8, 2012, 08:43 PM
Did angry birds space sell alot?
I felt like no one cared about it like people once did

StrudelTurnover
Oct 8, 2012, 10:37 PM
Dang, I was really hoping for Tiny Wings Podracing. /fingersnap

Akarin
Oct 8, 2012, 11:24 PM
Thank you for checking in anyway to let us know that. But hey! There's a link to your software in your signature for us to click on and you were subtle enough that people may not even consider this spamming. Well played!

Actually, not even close. I started to write an answer to this thread and figured out that everything I wrote could be cropped to this one perfectly formed sentence. I reckon I didn't phrase it well enough but I really felt like giving a high-five to the original poster as it made me laugh.

Still (and before you added your 'I just jumped on my high horse' comment, I also commented on that article on my own personal blog here: http://bit.ly/VTIIm3).

But hey, thanks to you also for bringing such constructive comment to the thread ;)

Snowy_River
Oct 9, 2012, 02:31 AM
Okay, I kinda got it when Angry Birds came out. It was a game that was a pop-hit, one of those addictive time wasters. I even considered playing it from time to time. AB Space came very close to convincing me to play. But what has convinced me more than anything never to want to play is the massive levels or over the top merchandising. Everywhere I go I see Angry Birds toys, Angry Birds key rings, Angry Birds flash lights, Angry Birds USB drives. It just disgusts me, and it makes me want to have nothing to do with Angry Birds.

I might have considered this one, but even here, they're a month away from their announced release date and this pathetic little video is all they can offer? No game play? Not even an epic voice over with flashing scenes of mayhem? I would have expected more from a promo video. It seems obvious to me that they are banking on the popularity of the Angry Birds brand and the Star Wars brand to sell this new game, regardless of the actual content...

Freeks
Oct 9, 2012, 03:36 AM
Did angry birds space sell alot?
I felt like no one cared about it like people once did

AB Space is still on iTunes top10 (paid games) in most countries. It sells like a pig :D

In US store: bad Piggies 1. and Space 7. In some other countries there is also original AB in top10.

It's a perfect product. There is always more people who have not tried it yet than ppl who have completed it. After Xmas there is millions new iOS/Andrdoid owners more who are eager to get their hands on it.

Wonder how many iOS devices are bought to kids just because of Angry Birds?

I know one 6 year old boy who is total AB addict. He has to have all their merchandise and he drinks only AB can's. Multiply that with few million kids around there world. Add SW to that equation and you need quite many zeros to calculate the money they are making :D

Chupa Chupa
Oct 9, 2012, 07:02 AM
Star Wars? At this point of the Angry Bird's life, I think a tie-in with Jaws would be more appropriate.

nrose101
Oct 9, 2012, 08:04 AM
Lightsabers can make even the dullest game cool!

iMacFarlane
Oct 9, 2012, 08:38 AM
Clearly the next episode of the Angry Birds franchise should be:

Angry Birds : Happy Days!
In which the main goal is to ensure the bird's trajectory lands them safely on the other side of the shark.

SteveG4Cube
Oct 9, 2012, 10:06 AM
I'm holding out for Angry Birds: Honey Boo Boo

mrsir2009
Oct 9, 2012, 01:14 PM
Wow, they're really trying to squeeze every last drop from this, aren't they? I think there is still quite a big market for Angry Birds though, since budget Androids and older iDevices are making their way into more and more people's hands these days - Bringing Angry Birds to people who haven't gotten over it yet.

thelink
Oct 9, 2012, 02:21 PM
Another angry birds?? So much for yolo :rolleyes:

Want300
Oct 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
Im in... It will fit the theme of my iPhone 4S :cool:

kazmac
Oct 16, 2012, 06:41 PM
I am looking forward to this, if Space was any indication of what they have planned for this game, great. Hope we get some kind of ridiculous light saber use (beyond them standing in for the slingshot.)

It'll be the most fun I have had with Star Wars in long time.

hamkor04
Oct 16, 2012, 09:39 PM
infringing intellectual property? Star Wars and Angry bird court case

jmarkham
Oct 17, 2012, 03:27 AM
was bad piggies good?

I already have 4 different versions of Angry Birds on my phone that I barely play, not sure if I want this.

angrybirds365
Oct 30, 2012, 07:38 AM
can't wait for this new release! I'm vry excited with all these fan art that pop up every day...

ChristianJapan
Nov 8, 2012, 07:17 AM
Just spend 250; as a Star Wars fan kind of must-have