Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
My old @me address now shows in iOS6 I can use either the me or the icloud one. Able to turn one or the other off, also. It's under the email advanced settings. This wasn't on my phone a couple weeks ago. I have another @me account I opened earlier this year, and this one doesn't have the option of @icloud.com yet. :eek:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    97 KB · Views: 163

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Be careful: I have these options too, but my @icloud address does not work yet (I get delivery errors when I try to send a mail to it).

PrometheusGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Be careful: I have these options too, but my @icloud address does not work yet (I get delivery errors when I try to send a mail to it).

Same for me. It lets me select @icloud for email, and it includes @ iCloud for iMessage and FaceTime. But if I send an email to @icloud, it bounces. And if I try to send email from it, it fails (SMTP error). So, am i doing something wrong, or is it just a matter of waiting? Should I be asking someone at Apple? Who?

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Apple mentioned somewhere on their support pages that existing users of @me addresses will be notified when their @icloud address is available.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Man this is gonna confused a load of my people that i gave them my @me! So is apple gonna remove @me?

Im hoping not and never cuz i dont want to tell everyone to email me to @icloud.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Dont think so, when ios 6 beta drooped i noticed the @icloud stuff, its very good if you have the full apple combo (macbook/iphone/ipad) i have imessage and facetime setup with @icloud, my iphone with my number and macbooks with @me.

If you email @icloud or login with it will act the same, i think the purpose is what im doing but of course i can be wrong.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Wait, so they're nuking the @me and forcing people to switch to @icloud? That would totally suck, @me is a 1000 cooler domain to have in your adress :(

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Here's what Apple does and has done in the past. When ME came out they didn't and won't nuke the .mac addresses, when they try to do is sneakily start making you use the new address. things like setting your default reply address as Me.com or now iCloud.com...

Your old addresses will continue to work indefinitely or until Apple announces otherwise, which they never have announced. They just want people to use the new one and will push you in that direction at every opportunity.

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
They have a memo out, that you will be able to use both email addresses indefinitely. No need to worry or panic.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Quick update: I received an email from Apple today saying that my @icloud address has been activated, and it works now. So they are still updating them.

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Here my problem with this whole @icloud.com & @me.com addresses.

Okay, so I have a @me.com address right and remember guys @me.com address was paid version on MobileMe now it's free. So, all my friends, family, co-workers and etc. have my @me.com address. So my scary problem is Apple trying to do away with @me.com addresses for @icloud? Like i'm sick of people having so many email addresses like stick to one and thats it but this is gonna be the death of me... :(

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Here my problem with this whole @icloud.com & @me.com addresses.

Okay, so I have a @me.com address right and remember guys @me.com address was paid version on MobileMe now it's free. So, all my friends, family, co-workers and etc. have my @me.com address. So my scary problem is Apple trying to do away with @me.com addresses for @icloud? Like i'm sick of people having so many email addresses like stick to one and thats it but this is gonna be the death of me... :(

Your @me.com address will still work. I'm still using an @mac.com address, and the service hasn't been called "dot Mac" for years. And mine actually goes back almost a decade to Apple iTools.

Interesting that these announcement emails are coming - I've been able to receive email sent to @icloud.com for over a month, though just got the email tonight, and my account started as an @mac.com account (from way, way back when it was called iTools!).

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Your @me.com address will still work. I'm still using an @mac.com address, and the service hasn't been called "dot Mac" for years. And mine actually goes back almost a decade to Apple iTools.

Interesting that these announcement emails are coming - I've been able to receive email sent to @icloud.com for over a month, though just got the email tonight, and my account started as an @mac.com account (from way, way back when it was called iTools!).

I hope so and I forgot to mention the fact I had the iCloud.com option from iOS 6 beta but never paid any attention to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.