Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coldsnow

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
Most or all on Amazon are fakes pretending to look like the real thing. Your best bet would be to just get one from Ebay, from a highly trusted seller, or just to blow out the full price at the Apple store.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Hit up CL I always see folks selling them on there, especially if you like Pink and Red...:p

Hit up your friends, most have multiple cases and would probably sell you their old smart cover in a hot sec.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Best Buy
Target
JR Music
Small Dog
Micro Center
or any Apple Authorized reseller

Check there and you can look for a previous version which will fit.

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
I bougHt a knockoff from amazon for 4$ shipped i think. Works just as good as the oem one with working magnet. I would have bought one from apple but I wanted a red one and I wasn't going to pay 70$ for the leather one. My only complaint is that it left scratches on my screen protector. Not sure how it would affect the glass if it all.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I bougHt a knockoff from amazon for 4$ shipped i think. Works just as good as the oem one with working magnet. I would have bought one from apple but I wanted a red one and I wasn't going to pay 70$ for the leather one. My only complaint is that it left scratches on my screen protector. Not sure how it would affect the glass if it all.

Hmm would be worth the $66 premium to me if it didn't destroy my products.

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Hmm would be worth the $66 premium to me if it didn't destroy my products.

I'd hardly call a tiny nick "destruction." And I'm pretty sure its easier to scratch a plastic screen protector and glass as I stated earlier.

starwar

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
If you're targeting to buy a smart cover, I think the most reliable seller must be Apple Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.