PDA

View Full Version : A "hello" from an Old Skooler

john123
Nov 20, 2002, 09:20 PM
Well I'll be darned....

When Arn e-mailed me a couple months ago (and I was insanely busy and had very little time to post), I had no idea what was going on to prompt him to e-mail me to come back to MR.

I posted a few times on the Nov 5th rumor thread, and sadly found myself frustrated with the folks there. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but compared to what I remember from over a year ago, the proportion of folks who were irritating (i.e., "trolls" to use our lingo) was way too high. I got frustrated and stopped posting...especially because I realized that all my posts were taking me way off topic replying to the trolls!

So then I just came here tonight, checking out what was new, etc...and I find this forum -- a hangout for those of us who were around long ago. Too cool!

Great idea, Arn. Now if we could just boost the membership in here back up. I'd enjoy that a lot. Truthfully, I find myself reading MacNN a lot, but the discussions are far less spirited there.

Let's rev this place up!

vniow
Nov 20, 2002, 09:29 PM
Welcome back!

Even if I have absolutely no idea who you are.

job
Nov 20, 2002, 09:32 PM
Howdy.

Even though I don't know you either. :cool:

You've got 6 months on me, and I've seen your user name in some threads, but other than that...I dunno who you are. :)

SilvorX
Nov 20, 2002, 11:02 PM
welcome back to MR...all sites have trolls :(, but this site IS called macrumors so the trolls will have to deal with it...

john123
Nov 20, 2002, 11:14 PM
Ya'll don't know me ?!?! I don't know any of you !!!

Where are jefhatfield? Spikey? Kela? The old crowd?

Are they all gone for good? Say it isn't so!

job
Nov 20, 2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by john123

jefhatfield is still around.

I dunno about the rest though.

I think the rest are gone.

vniow
Nov 20, 2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by john123

Woah there.
jefhatfield left for awhile, but he couldn't bear to stay away for too long. I haven't seen anyone named Kela since I got here and I've heard numerous times that spikey was banned forever.

john123
Nov 21, 2002, 12:10 AM
Well you can't really ban anyone forever...

The most you can do is block the IP(s) that person uses and/or deactivate that person's account.

No matter...we need to build back up an old school army!

diorio
Nov 22, 2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by edvniow

Woah there.
jefhatfield left for awhile, but he couldn't bear to stay away for too long. I haven't seen anyone named Kela since I got here and I've heard numerous times that spikey was banned forever.

I think Spikey got banned for obscene posts or something like that. Never heard of Kela.

Mr. Anderson
Nov 22, 2002, 03:45 PM
eyelike art is still around, ambitiouslemon is on sabatical, kela posted last in April, spikey might be around under a different name, he hasn't been seen in quite some time, and blakespot is off doing his own thing, although I think he still helps arn with the site.

I don't fall under the 'old skool' banner, but I've been around longer than most these days. But maybe you should try a reunion thread, only for anyone who's of a certain age.

D

jefhatfield
Nov 29, 2002, 12:42 AM
hi john123,

i saw a post or two from kela after you left

eyelikeart is still one of the top posters

and i hope to hear from an incarnation, at least a more polite one, of spikey

monkeybusiness has not been around for awhile and you were still heavily here when anonymous poster and anonymous coward left the fold

blakespot does not come around much anymore

but it's really great to see you back

i have had to get used to new waves of posters every three months or so, but if you give the new high end contributers a chance, you may find that you like them