Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morphius111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I get lines across links using Safari 6 on a ML.
How can i fix it. here is an example how it looks like. Look at the lines on top of the links. I get that on a lot of sites.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 7.49.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 7.49.16 PM.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Sorry had to bump it. I really need help solving this problem :-(

I have never seen anything like that on Safari. Does it do it only in Safari (do you see it in Chrome)?

Do you maybe have an extension installed that is doing this?

If you want to past what forum it is I would be glad to check and tell you if it does it for me on Safari.

morphius111

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I have never seen anything like that on Safari. Does it do it only in Safari (do you see it in Chrome)?

If you want to past what forum it is I would be glad to check and tell you if it does it for me on Safari.

Thanks for the reply.
it doesn't do it on Chrome, neither on Firefox. Only on Safari. It has nothing to do with the forum example I have shown. It does it with many other sites.
The only extension I have is 1Password. I did enable and then disabled the Develop Menu

----------

Problem solved thanks to you. I just realized I had another extension. SEO QUAKE and it had the no follow links highlighted. Thanks for the heads up about the extension :)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks for the reply.
it doesn't do it on Chrome, neither on Firefox. Only on Safari. It has nothing to do with the forum example I have shown. It does it with many other sites.
The only extension I have is 1Password. I did enable and then disabled the Develop Menu

You might try disabling the 1PW extension just to eliminate that as the cause.

One other thought... start Font Book app then do common key-a to select all fonts. Then go to the File menu and tell it to validate all fonts. I am wondering if you have a corrupt font.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.