Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caramelpolice

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
According to this user guide... wow. There really is no ambient light sensor or auto brightness on the fifth gen Touch. What the hell, Apple.

Xeblade

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
According to this user guide... wow. There really is no ambient light sensor or auto brightness on the fifth gen Touch. What the hell, Apple.

Wow. "iPod Touch 4th generation only" - No Auto Brightness is going to get annoying... I need SBSettings for brightness asap!

Rossta76

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Are we sure about the light sensor? Below is from the new guide on pg 334:
* Edit/removed* see the guide.

Last edited:

caramelpolice

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
Are we sure about the light sensor? Below is from the new guide on pg 334:
"Adjust the screen brightness: Go to Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper and drag the slider. If Auto-Brightness is turned on, iPod touch adjusts the screen brightness for current light conditions using the built-in ambient light sensor."

Check the Basics chapter. It explicitly says auto-brightness is 4th gen only.

Rossta76

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Shoot, but thanks. Why why why would they remove that? Ugh, that just stinks. I guess there are plenty of other good things to look forward to, but what the hey?

Xeblade

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
Shoot, but thanks. Why why why would they remove that? Ugh, that just stinks. I guess there are plenty of other good things to look forward to, but what the hey?

I agree, this must be the ONLY thing the 4th gen has over the 5th gen :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.