Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vin365

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2009
Looking around for cases and seems like this is one of the best that you can purchase right now. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using screen protectors with this case? Was looking at picking up a cheap film on eBay till I purchase the SGP GLAS.T

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Looking around for cases and seems like this is one of the best that you can purchase right now. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using screen protectors with this case? Was looking at picking up a cheap film on eBay till I purchase the SGP GLAS.T

I have used this case with my SGP Ultra Clear screen protector. No issues at all. It really is a great case, and one of my favorites that I have tried. Highly recommend it.

kulkep

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I'm returning mine, because it lifts my SGP screen protector when the volume buttons are pressed. Other than that it would be the perfect case.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I'm returning mine, because it lifts my SGP screen protector when the volume buttons are pressed. Other than that it would be the perfect case.

Hum strange. I would check you screen protector placement as I have no issues with mine at all. To be fair though, I don't have the Glass-T on which is thicker than their UltraClear.

Sh0k

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2010
Using mine right now with the screen protector that came with the Incipio Frequency. So far no problems at all and I love the Belkin case.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I have used this case with my SGP Ultra Clear screen protector. No issues at all. It really is a great case, and one of my favorites that I have tried. Highly recommend it.

I use this combo. The fit of the case is so tight that you MUST have the screen protector on PERFECTLY for it to have no lifting. I really like this combo.

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
I have this case and SGP screen shield.
I did have the issue where when I pushed the volume buttons the screen bubbled. I re-adjusted my screen shield and moved it to the right a tiny bit and all is well. I love the case, protective enough but not too thick. It looks great and fits great.

kulkep

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I have this case and SGP screen shield.
I did have the issue where when I pushed the volume buttons the screen bubbled. I re-adjusted my screen shield and moved it to the right a tiny bit and all is well. I love the case, protective enough but not too thick. It looks great and fits great.

I have the Diztronic case coming and if I don't like that case as much, then I'll try to readjust the screen protector. I am hesitant to do it prior as it's centered perfectly.

Ntran

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
It won't fit if you have the Glass.T - I tried and ended up return the case though very much liked it. I am waiting for my Spigen air thin case

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Works with GLAS.t

To whoever said it doesn't work with the GLAS.t it works just fine for me.
Working on my Video Review right now.

Here's a screen cap of it.

23hn0oh.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-13 at 7.53.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-13 at 7.53.30 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 240

shinhwah

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
To whoever said it doesn't work with the GLAS.t it works just fine for me.
Working on my Video Review right now.

Here's a screen cap of it.

Looks great, can't wait for the video review. I am thinking of the same setup, but went with the glas.t(r) and Transparency 4.0 full body screen protector set from SGP. I got the Transparency 4.0 just for the back protector since it is a wet application, hopefully no bubbles around the lettering and Apple logo compare to the dry application. Probably go with the candy sheer if I screw up the back application.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Looks great, can't wait for the video review. I am thinking of the same setup, but went with the glas.t(r) and Transparency 4.0 full body screen protector set from SGP. I got the Transparency 4.0 just for the back protector since it is a wet application, hopefully no bubbles around the lettering and Apple logo compare to the dry application. Probably go with the candy sheer if I screw up the back application.

If you want to see if it the GLAS.t fits here's a quick video

Belkin Grip W/ GLAS.t - iPhone 5

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Using mine right now with the screen protector that came with the Incipio Frequency. So far no problems at all and I love the Belkin case.

Old post I realise, but I have the Frequency and its my all time favourite ip5 case. Tried lots but always come back to the frequency. However I love the look of the green/black sheer; How does it compare to the frequency? The frequency is almost perfect, just bored of my mercury grey one and the colour selction is terrible.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland

It's not the case, it's the screen protector. It has to be placed just perfect. I has the same issue til i realigned the screen protector now no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.