Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ando27

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
iTunes match is acting weird on my iPhone 5 running iOS 6. This is my second phone (returned due to wifi issues) and I did not have this problem on the first one.

However, iTunes match is off. I tried it, hated it and stopped using it. Now, randomly this morning I noticed my Music application on my phone populated with all my iTunes match songs. I went to my settings, found it still to be off. Weird. So I turned it on then back off. That seemed to work.

Tonight, I noticed the same problem. iTunes Match is still off, but it is one again populating my iPhone. So, I went through the steps to delete all my songs off of iCloud and iTunes Match and updated. No songs are there anymore. I went back to my phone and turned on iTunes match, gave it a minute, then turned it back off. However, all the songs are still remaining.

So, I have no idea what to do now, and google produced no results. Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Somehow re-enabling and then disabling iTunes Match this time has deleted all music from my phone. Wonderful.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.