Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2002
Just throwing this out there, not sure how many if any of you have tried rasterizing a picture. I did it today, and I can honestly say that I am quite pleased with the results.
rasterpic.jpg

It is hard to tell in this image that it is all made up of dots (though I suppose that is the point...). Certainly my favorite painting.
Just thought I would share. Anyone else here do something along these lines? I posted a little something about it on my blog (see sig). I would love to see some other peoples ideas.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
OP: What did you use to have the picture span multiple pages and then print them so they could be assembled? I want to try it with a huge Apple logo.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
There is a (PC-only) program called "rasterbator" that you can download and create huge murals. For people on Macs you can email your image to you and they send you back a rasterbated file. Their website is down right now but when it's up check it out - cool photos of the final product that people have sent in from around the world.

Rasterbator

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2002
Yeah I used the online version of the rasterbater (here). Sorry I didnt provide the link in the first post. I dont have a high res version of the picture, but i took one i found online, blew it up a bit and then smoothed it over so as too not look too pixelated. its cool, all you need is a picture you like and bit of ink left over in your printer that you dont think you will miss.

hopper.jpg

sorry about the h-scroll

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.