Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2002
11 people died in a bus after a suicide bomber detonated himself. I don't know about anyone else but this sort of thing is incomprehensible to me. How can two peoples hate each other so much that they would kill women and children? Are the palestinians in the right or wrong? Bus Blast Kills 11

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
here, there, who knows
They will fight until to the last person is dead,
I say nuke them both kill all of them as what they want to do to them self any way and move on. is been going on for the last 5,000 years so just finished once a for all.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by Wash!!
I say nuke them both kill all of them as what they want to do to them self any way and move on. is been going on for the last 5,000 years so just finished once a for all.
John Ashcroft? Is that you? What are you doing on these boards? Don't you have anything better to do?

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2002

Yes, if only it was that simple. No I'm talking serious options here, like give the gaza strip back to the palestinians or west bank. The nuke idea has been considered by every user on this board in most likelihood because we're sick of reading this **** everyday, but it just isn't possible.

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
here, there, who knows
The only solutions is....

Abolish religion,
Is the reason they been fighting.

Israel is never going to give back the Gaza strip, and the palestinians are never going to be happy with just the gaza strip they want all of it.

This is about money and power. before the isralis came the area was a wasteland none wanted it. now they have deloveped and of course they wanted back now in the name of religion.:rolleyes:

So there is no easy solution may be relocating one or the other to an and island off the south pacific, or one of the squares states like montana, nevada, new mexico the weather outhere is similar and they never notice the difference. The Palestian state or Israel are not bigger than New Handshire<spelling> so it can be easly set up outhere.

Worse case ... nuked then both and end of the problem

;)

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2002
Yes, this situation has really kind of set me off to religion. Studying the crussades, inquistion, and religious persecution in school has made me wonder what is so great about religion that people will kill each other over it.

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
here, there, who knows
True

Originally posted by diorio
Yes, this situation has really kind of set me off to religion. Studying the crussades, inquistion, and religious persecution in school has made me wonder what is so great about religion that people will kill each other over it.

If you look into it all those events were about power and control

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Re: The only solutions is....

Abolish religion,
Is the reason they been fighting.

Israel is never going to give back the Gaza strip, and the palestinians are never going to be happy with just the gaza strip they want all of it.

This is about money and power. before the isralis came the area was a wasteland none wanted it. now they have deloveped and of course they wanted back now in the name of religion.:rolleyes:

So there is no easy solution may be relocating one or the other to an and island off the south pacific, or one of the squares states like montana, nevada, new mexico the weather outhere is similar and they never notice the difference. The Palestian state or Israel are not bigger than New Handshire<spelling> so it can be easly set up outhere.

Worse case ... nuked then both and end of the problem

;)

Saddam may just do that for us, at least warheads with chemical or biological weaponary. Remember 1991 & his skud missles!

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2002
Re: Re: The only solutions is....

Originally posted by wdlove

Saddam may just do that for us, at least warheads with chemical or biological weaponary. Remember 1991 & his skud missles!

Bah, he does that and we'll attack. This attack won't be like the war on Vietnam, it will be a quick, take out sadaam and his cronies attack.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
When he's cornored, he's not just going to give! I agree that once the attack begins we will be successful!

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2002
When he's cornored, he's not just going to give! I agree that once the attack begins we will be successful!

We seem to have the same opinion on Iraq, what political party do you tend to support?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
He has used chemical weapons on his own people, the Kurds. Don't think he will give a 2nd thought to Israel or the US.

I favor Republican, strong military.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Don't think he will give a 2nd thought to Israel or the US.

Ah, I don't think so. If he uses any non conventional weapons on us, it opens the door for us to retaliate in kind. He will have 2nd thoughts, he's not that stupid. Its not a simple solution here, and Wash! - what's up with abolishing religion? Its not all about religion - if you knew anything of the history of that part of the world you'd never say something that ridiculous. Religion is only part of the problem, but serves as the main rallying point for fanatics.

Oh, and Sadam used chemical weapons in his war with Iran, there's no question he's used it in battle, but with the US it makes it more difficult because we have a much larger force and the eyes of the world will be watching very carefully if things get hot. If he can just keep it between the US and Iraq, he'll have more simpathy, if he starts using banned weapons, he'll loose any simpathy he's manage to gain.

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It has been reported that he's trying to purchase large quanities of Atropine Injectors, used to treat nerve gas. According to news reports, that Turkey turned him down.

With Saddam its now about religion, its about power!

The first real test will be December 8th, will have to wait and see what he decides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.