Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Does anyone have any experience using a Parrot Bluetooth addon? I'd love to hear some impressions before spending money.

kamusta1

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
Does anyone have any experience using a Parrot Bluetooth addon? I'd love to hear some impressions before spending money.

I have installed the Mki9100 is 2 of our cars with out built in bluetooth and they work great. Phone sound quality is superb. It rivals any car that has bluetooth already built in. I have had 2 older generations parrots previously also. It is so convenient to have in your car. All cars should have integrated bluetooth standard. Once you turn your car on it links automatically. You can stream all audio directly from the iphone. Siri works as well with the parrot, by pressing the play button on the remote.

Are you installing it yourself or at a car audio place?

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have installed the Mki9100 is 2 of our cars with out built in bluetooth and they work great. Phone sound quality is superb. It rivals any car that has bluetooth already built in. I have had 2 older generations parrots previously also. It is so convenient to have in your car. All cars should have integrated bluetooth standard. Once you turn your car on it links automatically. You can stream all audio directly from the iphone. Siri works as well with the parrot, by pressing the play button on the remote.

Are you installing it yourself or at a car audio place?

Thank you so much, sounds perfect. I was thinking of doing it myself but I'm not very handy. :)

e-r-a-n

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012
If your car has the ISO adapter then its almost plug n play
I installed mki9000 my own in my car and the quality is superb

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

I put the Parrot CK3100 in a Ford Ranger I had and it worked great. Just get the wiring kit for your car and the whole thing just plugs in and integrates with the stereo system. I was very impressed with it.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Definitely get the wiring kit for your car. No need to splice any wires. I don't consider myself too handy and was able to to do this.

This is where I have purchased my quick connect harness adapters from
http://www.quickconnectproducts.com

Thanks, unfortunately they say there is no quick connect harness for my car. Looks like professional installation for me.

Thanks for all the information everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.