PDA

View Full Version : Dumb IPOD question, forgive me!!

mikebatho
Aug 30, 2005, 02:14 PM
I'm after a way of storing adress book/email address details in my ipod.

I'm guessing they would go into the CONTACTS folder, in EXTRAS.

I don't use the address book on my mac, so how do I transfer my details onto my ipod? I realise that I'll probably have to type them all out, but what application do I use?

??

ChrisFromCanada
Aug 30, 2005, 02:59 PM
iSync in your applications folder. Set up the iPod as a new device and sync.

mikebatho
Aug 30, 2005, 03:07 PM
What will that do?

The only source of addresses I have is in my hotmail CONTACTS folder, so I'll have to copy and paste them into something....

If I'm syncing, that isn't going to mes up my music, is it? I organize my songs between itunes & myipod manually.......

micvog
Aug 30, 2005, 03:20 PM
I'm after a way of storing adress book/email address details in my ipod.

I'm guessing they would go into the CONTACTS folder, in EXTRAS.

I don't use the address book on my mac, so how do I transfer my details onto my ipod? I realise that I'll probably have to type them all out, but what application do I use?

??

Can you get your Hotmail contacts in vCard format? If so, all you need to do is drag the vCard files to your iPod's Contacts folder. Do you have Entourage?

Another option would be to put your contacts in a text file and copy that to your Notes folder.

Theoretically, you could manually create the vCards, but it would probably just be easier to type them into AddressBook.app.

You also might want to do a keyword search on VersionTracker (I would but I am blocked at work). I found a program that copies my AddressBook.app entries to Yahoo's contact list.

mikebatho
Aug 30, 2005, 04:18 PM
Well I've just tried using a download called nowpod, which is supposed to convert NOW CONTACT files to ipod contact compatible files, but when you hit the IMPORT button in Nowpod, the NOW CONTACT file is greyed out on the desktop & can't be selected.....

Grrrrrr!!!!

I've got another download called PODWRITER, but it only stores so many addresses, then breaks your book into several folders....

mikebatho
Aug 31, 2005, 11:22 AM
So is that it then? The best I can hope for without starting to use address book is having my contacts in 4 different folders with PODWRITER, or having my contacts in a text file in notes...?