Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbojevets

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
The Arctic
i just did a wet install with my phantom skinz and it said to wait for 2-4 hours.
im feeling so disconnected from the world already!

do you guys wait as instructed? i think i did quite ok removing the liquid the moment it was squeegeed out to the edges. nothing was trickling or overflowing all over the place. my buddy told me that the drying process was for any liquid that might have seeped into the phone itself. im pretty sure no liquid went into the ports and speaker holes. can i turn it on and start using? :p

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
I use bestskinsever wet application and let the skins cure on the phone overnight.
You can use within a couple hours but be careful with cases or bumpers.
Better to attach those a day later.

bdoople

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I did the Xtremeguards back and I didn't wait, I turned it on after about 10 minutes. I would recommend waiting to use a case though, I let it cure overnight.

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
I turn my phone on about 10 minutes afterward. Put it back into a case an hour or so later

procrastinasn

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Anyone know what the idea is of waiting? If I know that the gel didn't get into the open sockets, does it matter?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I never wait ever, whats the point? I've had every iPhone, never waited to turn back on after a wet install.....

bAllllAd

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
i've never wait after install and in last time my phone still turn on when i install screen protector.

so far everything still fine :D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.