Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
*12Oct- Added VIP info to mail section. Renamed and reorganized Misc Feature Section. Reorganized map section. Added Reply to Call with Message under iPhone section. Reorganized Siri section. Under Camera added info on Sharing Photo Streams. Added Route Planning section under Maps including altering a route. Added File Transfer section.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
12Oct- Updated info on Secure File Transfer, some issues there looking for an answer.

I thought I had this issue under Control. In Pages you can apply a password to a Page document, on the full Mac Pages version. I thought when I transferred this to my iPad, it would ask for a password when I tried to open it. However, it asked me for the password before it would transfer it and now that it is on my iPad, there is no password associated with the file. I'm wondering how Adobe Acrobat Pro security works for docs placed on an ipad?

Anyone in the know, please tell me how you are using secure documents on your iPad? I'm looking for simple solutions. Thanks!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
*10/18- Added blurb from MacRumors Panorama thread on how to upload a photo from your iPhone to MacRumors thread. Added info on transfer photos from iPhone to iPhoto and from iPhone to Mac/PC.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
*10/21- Added info on Calendars Events and subscribing between your Mac and iOS device calendars. Updated note under App Management section, that multiplayer games are available on iOS! Added a Settings Section under Misc Section near front of article.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm looking for help with Nook App for iOS. My wife has a Nook. I've logged into the Nook App with my wife's account on my iPad. All her books show up for download. What I don't see is a place to purchase a new eBook. If I was to guess, I'd say that because the account is associated with a real Nook, the purchase choice is not available within the Nook App? I only see two interactive choices there, organizing books/magazines, and a settings icon, which shows some choices but no purchasing of content. I asked my wife how she buys new ebooks and she said she usually purchases them on her Nook.

Must the purchases always be made on a Nook first? Thanks!

Edit: It looks like if you have the Nook App but not a Nook, purchases must be made through the Barnes and Noble web site, after an account is established and you are logged in.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Updated Guide:
*11/24- Updated Misc Info Section to correct info about taking a screen shot. Reformatted the Books Section, including formats compatible with the iOS devices, and info on Barnes and Noble/Nook content. Added expanded Restrictions section under Settings including Parental Controls.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
*11/30- Established a Kindle App section under books. Added info about making Kindle App purchases and lending Kindle books.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
1/4/13- Added Cell Phone Shop link and Ringtone App links under iPhone Section. In the App section, added info on how to install a ringtone using the Ringtone 500.000 App. Added Password Protection under Settings Section. Added iTune images under the App Section and Document Section.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
1/9-Added info about Silent Phone and Airplane Mode under Basics and iPhone sections. Added Plague Incorporated game link under Game Apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.