PDA

View Full Version : S-Video to Coaxial iBook hook-up question

ebook
Aug 30, 2005, 03:53 PM
Okay, this question is sort of out of the realm of computers, but not totally. First I'll tell you what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some type of adapter to go from S-Video to a "normal" coaxial cable input.

Okay, the reason. I have an iBook that I hook up through the VCR's RCA jacks to a projector (I have to do it this way because it compresses the screen image from top to bottom)... anyways, the projector only has S-Video connections or VGA (I realize I can hook-up my computer through that, but I can't because of other reasons I mentioned). So, I need to go from a S-Video on the projector to coaxial connector on the VCR. Can any of you guys help me out with this?

VanMac
Aug 30, 2005, 04:18 PM
http://www.trianglecables.com/6insvidtocom.html

Do a google search, and you will get a bunch more.

rjphoto
Aug 30, 2005, 05:10 PM
Okay, this question is sort of out of the realm of computers, but not totally. First I'll tell you what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some type of adapter to go from S-Video to a "normal" coaxial cable input.

Okay, the reason. I have an iBook that I hook up through the VCR's RCA jacks to a projector (I have to do it this way because it compresses the screen image from top to bottom)... anyways, the projector only has S-Video connections or VGA (I realize I can hook-up my computer through that, but I can't because of other reasons I mentioned). So, I need to go from a S-Video on the projector to coaxial connector on the VCR. Can any of you guys help me out with this?

The projector is designed to use with a computer.

Try hooing up the VGA and check the LCD's (Projector's) resolution. Make sure the iBook is off or at least the lid is closed first. Now raise the lid and go to the System Prefs and click on Display. Check to see if the iBook and projector have the same resolution.

Select mirrowing "on".

Also while you are in the Display control panel, turn on the "show in menu" button so you can access the resolution settings from the menu up by the clock.

ebook
Aug 30, 2005, 06:19 PM
Actually, the reason I need to run through the VCR is because it squeezes the image from top to bottom like widescreen and that helps keep the images above the presenters head. Thus, I need to run through the VCR and somehow into the S-Video spot on the projector.