PDA

View Full Version : One for the keeners...

weber_19
Aug 30, 2005, 05:10 PM
okay so. all my songs were deleted. and now im trying to put back all my songs. my 20 gb i pod seems to be locked when i connect it to my cpu. it sometimes shows up in itunes but all the songs are grey in my ipod and theres like a lock by the used space bar and it says ive used more then i have. ive restored updated all that crap. its not on hold either. i cant figure it out. is there a way my ipod could be locked or archived ? idunno. ive tried everything.

mad jew
Aug 30, 2005, 06:14 PM
I'm not fully understanding what you want to do. Do you want to get the music back off the iPod onto the computer? Do you want to manually put songs back onto the iPod? What sort of computer are you using?

I'm going to guess you used to have it on "Manually manage songs" and now it "Automatically updates songs". This can be changed in the iPod preferences if it is indeed your problem. Automatically updating puts all your songs onto the iPod (or just a select group of playlists if you want) whereas manually managing them means you have to drag them across.