Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Forkjulle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
M8Sds.png

Sorry for the massive image. (I sometimes forget that the rMBP has loads of pixels.)

Why does the menu show Photoshop twice? That's obviously not the correct behaviour.

How would one go about removing the duplicate?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located

Sorry for the massive image. (I sometimes forget that the rMBP has loads of pixels.)
For images wider than 800 pixel, please use the TIMG tags instead of the IMG tags by just adding a T in front of the [IMG] and closing [/IMG] tag, like [img] and [/img] to prevent horizontal scrolling.
You can use the
edit.gif
to edit your images and add the Ts.

Why does the menu show Photoshop twice? That's obviously not the correct behaviour.

How would one go about removing the duplicate?
Maybe this can help, found via "mac os x open with menu duplicate items".

Forkjulle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Thanks for the image tip.

And thanks for the menu tip. It worked. (Mountain Lion.)

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I also have a terminal fix to fix the right click showing to many things. Just open the/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and put in the code:

Code:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user
at a Terminal prompt. Then wait in Terminal for another Terminal prompt and the system's right click will be re-indexed (in might take a minute or two to get another Terminal prompt, especially if you have many external hard drives ).

Then try you right click again to see i this re-index worked for you. Good Luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.