Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Everybody has the right to complain about features. Some new or missing features don't make some people happy, sure.

But this forums turns into a collection of "this is a disaster", "that is a disaster", "iOS is broken", "iOS need to be fixed", "Tim Cook broke iOS", "That other guy broke iOS", "Tim Cook broke apple, give us back Steve Jobs"...really unnerving, especially with the problems all being discussed in quite some specialized topics already.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Dude what else is new? This happens every release. Apple has shot itself in the foot 50,000 times already, yet still seems to be prancing about just fine.

Ignore the complainers and enjoy your gadgets. :)

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Dude what else is new? This happens every release. Apple has shot itself in the foot 50,000 times already, yet still seems to be prancing about just fine.

Ignore the complainers and enjoy your gadgets. :)

I do enjoy them, but it becomes harder to find the interesting topics. There might be problems posted plus fixes for them but how to find them under all the whining?

Do we really need more topics like "Tim Cook Fails? Where is iOS 6.0.1?"?

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012
I do enjoy them, but it becomes harder to find the interesting topics. There might be problems posted plus fixes for them but how to find them under all the whining?

Do we really need more topics like "Tim Cook Fails? Where is iOS 6.0.1?"?

I agree with you so hard.

Whiney babies with an internet connection.
Or trolls trying to start an argument because their real lives are pathetic.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Creating a new thread is more exciting. Because when people reply to it, you feel important or something. I like it when people reply to my threads. I'm not sure why - but it's got to be a selfish reason.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
Everybody has the right to complain about features. Some new or missing features don't make some people happy, sure.

But this forums turns into a collection of "this is a disaster", "that is a disaster", "iOS is broken", "iOS need to be fixed", "Tim Cook broke iOS", "That other guy broke iOS", "Tim Cook broke apple, give us back Steve Jobs"...really unnerving, especially with the problems all being discussed in quite some specialized topics already.

I think pointing out missing features or problems is very valuable because, among other things, when you are using new software on new hardware, you want to be certain that your device is working properly AND that you understand where things in the new OS.

But, yes, there are a lot of "If Apple doesn't fix this IMMEDIATELY, they are going directly into the toilet" threads. As others have pointed out, it happens with every new device and every new release.

I have to say though- in my opinion- that IOS6 REALLY lends itself to a lot of the criticism. For every new, good feature there seems to be a feature and a half that has been poorly or partially implemented. This one seems a lot more like a beta than other releases. Again, my subjective opinion...

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
It's definitely causing people like me to spend less time on here. I'm more than willing to help someone, but more often than not people just want to moan about how good Apple was when Steve was alive, and quite frankly, when you look at the posting history here, it was pretty much the same deal in 2007 as it is today.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Gotta be honest, I loved the forum back in 2007/08.

Take periodic breaks. Every year it gets worse, but that is the same with every forum I visit - whether it is music or sports or tech etc. The forums are just a venting process for many, and it gets frustrating, I agree.

On the same token, we pay a lot of money for Apple goods, they are damn rich, and we have a right to expect a certain level of quality. But I get what you're saying.

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011

Welcome on ze intawebz ...

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011

So you created a NEW thread to complain about the complainers?
LMAO OK
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.