Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BurningWater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Just got mine @ the local Apple store! They don't have them on display yet but they only had 2 in stock so I took the blue 64 gb one! This thing is a definite step up from my 2nd gen 8gb and it's a lot thinner and lighter and significantly faster as well.

Siri is also quite some fun to play with ;)

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Just got mine @ the local Apple store! They don't have them on display yet but they only had 2 in stock so I took the blue 64 gb one! This thing is a definite step up from my 2nd gen 8gb and it's a lot thinner and lighter and significantly faster as well.

Siri is also quite some fun to play with ;)

Congrats! I was lucky enough to score one this Wednesday when the Apple salespeople didn't even know they had them in stock.

Blue looks good! I went with the slate and it's really sleek looking. You are right though, it's remarkably light and so thin.

BurningWater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
One thing I have to say is that the new Earpods still suck. They're better than the old ones without question but they still suck..

They also don't seem to sit in my ear properly. Oh well. I'll just give it away instead of trashing it.

Rad-o

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Could you post some pictures of the anodised back ? And what do you think about the battery and camera ?

BurningWater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Could you post some pictures of the anodised back ? And what do you think about the battery and camera ?

I'll try to get a picture later today when I have time. I have to actually find my camera because my webcam camera looks like crap and I don't feel like taking a myspace-esque mirror-pic *shudders*

I also got this iPod like an hour ago so I can't tell you about the battery life just yet.

The camera is quite good. Not a replacement for a proper camera by any means, but certainly a formidable alternative. It looks really grainy and ***** in the dark which is a bit disappointing but.. Oh well. It takes pictures that are good enough I guess. :p

Edit: I have to go out and buy new batteries for my camera. It's crapping out on me :\

Last edited:

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
One thing I have to say is that the new Earpods still suck. They're better than the old ones without question but they still suck..

They also don't seem to sit in my ear properly. Oh well. I'll just give it away instead of trashing it.

I just sold mine for the exact amount they cost in the Apple Store. My friend insists on only using the old stock ones, and I told her to try the Earpods.

She loved them, and offered to buy them. Really happy, both of us!

Ray Brady

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
I just picked up mine at the Apple Store in Grand Central Terminal. Yellow 64GB. I had pre-ordered one at the beginning of October, but the order was still saying "Processing" with an estimated delivery date of Oct 24-26.

I believe they were out of the black and silver options. I'm just glad I wanted one of the least popular colors!

BurningWater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012

This isn't a picture that I took but the iPod's color looks exactly like this.

iPod%20touch-group-580-90.jpg

It's a bright blue yet also dark.. Somehow.. I don't even know how that makes any sense but if you see it in person you'll understand.

Hulkamaniac418

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
I picked up mine at the Apple Store in Buffalo. I've never purchased anything from there, so that was quite an experience...especially signing my name with my finger on a touch screen for my payment method. lol

I'm loving it so far. Facetime is a lot of fun, and I MUCH prefer the App Store to the Android one on my old smartphone.

The only thing that sucks is that my iHome and my Monster FM transmitter in my car aren't gonna be compatible with my new iPod Touch. :(

BurningWater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I picked up mine at the Apple Store in Buffalo. I've never purchased anything from there, so that was quite an experience...especially signing my name with my finger on a touch screen for my payment method. lol

I'm loving it so far. Facetime is a lot of fun, and I MUCH prefer the App Store to the Android one on my old smartphone.

The only thing that sucks is that my iHome and my Monster FM transmitter in my car aren't gonna be compatible with my new iPod Touch. :(

I'm sure you can just get a lightning to usb adapter and make it work or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.