PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED - Lightning connector works on OS X Tiger and Leopard, freaks out on OS 9

Jessica Lares
Oct 12, 2012, 05:08 PM
So, I just tested my iPod Nano on my G3 iBook Clamshell running OS 9, my iMac G4 running Tiger, and my Power Mac G5 running Leopard. Here are my findings: IT WORKS!!!! :D

iTunes detects it, on the G4 and G5. Of course they both say that I need the 10.7 version of it. However, I can see the actual iPod via Disk Mode, and can write to it. And boy is it FAST!

Oh, and Finder freaked out on OS 9 and forced closed. :rolleyes: But you can at least charge it using USB 1.0.

So, basically, we were all pretty wrong about the driver support. All it is is a super fast USB cable (that can push 3GB into the iPod in less than 2-3 minutes!!!!) that's reversed engineered.

So, if you guys want to try and add the compatibility to the older versions of iTunes, it wouldn't hurt.

Intell
Oct 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
If someone with a jailbroken iOS 6 device would me to, I'll tell you exactly which file needs to be edited to get iTunes to not complain about needing version 10.7.

ihuman:D
Oct 12, 2012, 05:24 PM
Great :) ! We should get this stickied or something.

AQUADock
Oct 13, 2012, 02:31 AM
This is good news hopefully someone can mod iTunes 10.6 to work with the new devices.

Intell
Oct 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
This is good news hopefully someone can mod iTunes 10.6 to work with the new devices.

iTunes doesn't need to be modified. The device needs to be modified.

AQUADock
Oct 13, 2012, 08:29 AM
iTunes doesn't need to be modified. The device needs to be modified.

In what way?

Intell
Oct 13, 2012, 11:38 AM
In what way?

You need to change the minimum requirements to be able to use the device. But it leads to device corruption.

codyv
Oct 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
You need to change the minimum requirements to be able to use the device. But it leads to device corruption.

How do you do that? Does it work with the iPhone 5?

Intell
Oct 15, 2012, 11:38 AM
How do you do that? Does it work with the iPhone 5?

A jailbreak is needed. But like it said, it will corrupt the contents of the device because iTunes doesn't know how to proper format of the device's data.