Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Really happy with the result.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 840

resin_dr

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2005
nice job on the bse!! how is the new material that bse has used for their screen guards? i heard they are much clearer and less "orange peel-ish".

did you happen to do the front also? was wondering if the touch sensitive/response of the glass has changed with this application?

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
nice job on the bse!! how is the new material that bse has used for their screen guards? i heard they are much clearer and less "orange peel-ish".

did you happen to do the front also? was wondering if the touch sensitive/response of the glass has changed with this application?

Honestly I can't see any orange peel at all. I've had invisible shields as well and this is better by far. And for $8 it's a steal. I haven't done the front yet, just the back and sides.

----------

Well what brand is it?

Best skins ever

johnny76

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Looks good! Installed my iP5 BSE skin last night too. Definitely give a thumbs up for BSE. I had the Bodyguardz back and sides and the back did not fit well and the sides felt too thick. The BSE sides aren't too thick at all. I also like how it covers the bottom as well.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
I just ordered the body skin protectors

So will I be able to install dry?

Best Skins Ever are all wet application. It's actually not hard, just make sure you wet it enough and wet your hands while applying and use a card to squeegee out liquid little at a time so it becomes sticky but still manuverable so you can place it exactly where you like it.

resin_dr

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2005
put on the bse, front and back of i5. current generation material is much better, clarity and less "orange-peel". can't beat the cost for this type of minimal protection, bse always have discounts too. miss the feel of the cold or at times warm aluminum backing, space price to pay to minimize spider scratches on the anodized aluminum. i do find that oil transfers to the bse very easily and not as easy to wipe off as with the oleophobic glass. going to get the glass.tr by spigen a try, get back some of that native industrial design feel and hopefully less oil smears on the screen.

N23

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
You sold me, just placed an order for a body cover. Going with SGP for the front.

whoRichard

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
You sold me, just placed an order for a body cover. Going with SGP for the front.

That's exactly what I'm running. SGP Glas.t in the front, and BSE on the back. I took off the sides because I wanted to use a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.