PDA

View Full Version : Wireless speakers iPhone 5 & MacBook

Michielfm
Oct 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
Hy there,

I just got myself the new iPhone 5 (yea epic!)
Now I'm looking for som nice speakers that I can use with that iphone and also with my MacBook PRO. I'm just a student so audio quality is important but i'm not willing to go much higher then 350.
Some say airplay is nice but it is expensive and it doesn't suppart all audio an mac such as video's ...
other people say bluetooth is nice but i'm not sure if it easy to connect to both devices?

please help me out ;)

ty:apple:

Bilalo
Oct 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hy there,

Now I'm looking for som nice speakers that I can use with that iphone and also with my MacBook PRO. I'm just a student so audio quality is important but i'm not willing to go much higher then 350.
Some say airplay is nice but it is expensive and it doesn't suppart all audio an mac such as video's ...
other people say bluetooth is nice but i'm not sure if it easy to connect to both devices?

please help me out ;)

PHILIPS DS9000/12 FIDELIO
Philips-DS8800W-Fidelio-
B&w zeppelin
Try to get sony/bose or the above. All amazing

Michielfm
Oct 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
PHILIPS DS9000/12 FIDELIO
Philips-DS8800W-Fidelio-
B&w zeppelin
Try to get sony/bose or the above. All amazing

Ok, thanks. The zeppelin i knew but is just to expensive for me. And what do you think is best, airplay or bluetooth?

Destroysall
Oct 15, 2012, 04:23 AM
Ok, thanks. The zeppelin i knew but is just to expensive for me. And what do you think is best, airplay or bluetooth?

If you get the Zeppelin Air, then AirPlay is the way to go because there is an app from B&W that allows you to control what you stream to your Zeppelin Air.

Another brand recommendation is Sonos (http://www.sonos.com).

ChrisA
Oct 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
Hy there,

please help me out ;)

Buy an Apple "Airport Express" router. They cost about $80. This router has an audio output jack and works with Apple's airplay. Then you plug in whatever kind of amplifier and speakers you like and you can upgrade later. If you already have a stereo system this is by far the best solution.

Michielfm
Oct 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
Buy an Apple "Airport Express" router. They cost about $80. This router has an audio output jack and works with Apple's airplay. Then you plug in whatever kind of amplifier and speakers you like and you can upgrade later. If you already have a stereo system this is by far the best solution.

Yea, but the problem is that I also want the speaker to have a battery option so i can use it outdoors..

Destroysall
Oct 15, 2012, 01:50 PM

Perhaps the most ideal of setups, but in this case, what Sonos has to offer would possibly work in the best interest of Michielfm. With Sonos, you can pair up two of their players to give better separation. This does double the initial cost when buying a pair, but you can always get one and add another in the future.

alphaod
Oct 15, 2012, 02:36 PM
Yea, but the problem is that I also want the speaker to have a battery option so i can use it outdoors..

Either a regular Jambox or a Big Jambox. They are $199 and $299, respectively here in the US (not sure what it is in Europe).

Battery life is up to 10 hours for the Jambox and 15 hours for the Big Jambox. Both have excellent sound and great of parties. They both use Bluetooth and be paired to two devices at once (though I've never used it with two devices at once). An auxiliary 3.5mm cord can also be used.

The regular Jambox is charged via microUSB so it can be done via your computer, whereas the Big Jambox requires a wall wart to charge.

Michielfm
Oct 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
Either a regular Jambox or a Big Jambox. They are $199 and $299, respectively here in the US (not sure what it is in Europe).

Battery life is up to 10 hours for the Jambox and 15 hours for the Big Jambox. Both have excellent sound and great of parties. They both use Bluetooth and be paired to two devices at once (though I've never used it with two devices at once). An auxiliary 3.5mm cord can also be used.

The regular Jambox is charged via microUSB so it can be done via your computer, whereas the Big Jambox requires a wall wart to charge.

Do you use it with your mac? And how do you connect it? It have noticed that speaker before, it looks a bit small (the big one) is the sound powerfull?

Destroysall
Oct 15, 2012, 05:53 PM
How about the Dayton Audio DTA-1 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-380) paired with the the Dayton Audio B652 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-652)? It slipped my mind that the amp can be battery-powered. Pair this with both the Apple AirPort Express and the Audioengine D1 (http://audioengineusa.com/audioengine-d1-gallery#.UHySeCqF-IA) (optional). The DAC may be the most expensive part of this setup, but it would allow for better quality sound then the built-in DAC of the AirPort Express.

Initial cost of this setup, excluding shipping, would be $349 (with the external DAC). Excluding the external DAC will bring you to about $180.

Bilalo
Oct 17, 2012, 05:17 AM

I always use bluetoooth and love it. It might screw up like 2 seconds per 5 min and thats it but sometimes goes hours with no interference. Just need to stay in range