PDA

View Full Version : PC not recognizing shuffle

MmmPancakes
Aug 31, 2005, 02:29 PM
This is frustrating. I have a 1gb shuffle I use with my pc laptop (itunes enabled on this machine). I use it as a jump drive also with my G4 PM at work. The PM recognizes it as a flash drive, and starts iTunes when i plug it in (I always select "no" to attributing it to the Mac). However, recently whenever I plug the Shuffle into my PC, its dead. No charge, no syn, nothing.

The computer doesn't recognize it at all, either as a flash drive or as the iPod associated with iTunes. It worked perfectly for 2 months in this setup, then just died on the PC. Here what I've done:

uninstall/reinstall itunes
ipod update and restore
check usb drivers - ok
run other periperhals on the usb ports - ok

Any advice?

keysersoze
Aug 31, 2005, 03:21 PM
I had the same problem... it turned out to be a bad PC power supply. Maybe not the answer for you, as you have a laptop, but I would've suggested going the iPod updater route via your PC. That worked for me once, as well.

MmmPancakes
Aug 31, 2005, 03:30 PM
Power seems to be making it to the ports, just not the shuffle in any way shape or form. I wanted to update via the PC, but because the shuffle isn't recognized on that machine, I had to update it, then restore it on the PM.

keysersoze
Aug 31, 2005, 03:41 PM
Power seems to be making it to the ports, just not the shuffle in any way shape or form. I wanted to update via the PC, but because the shuffle isn't recognized on that machine, I had to update it, then restore it on the PM.

Did you format it as HFS+ or anything other than FAT32? That would prevent it from being seen by Windows....

MmmPancakes
Aug 31, 2005, 03:46 PM
no..I formatted it with ipod updater...