Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yekateina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
When I started playing Jump Robot, nothing could make me stop until I just got my eyes tired! This is a well crafted platform game with great visuals and motivating soundtracks. Continuing the best traditions of Doodle Jump and

Mega Jump, the main objective of the game is to get as higher as possible. You can suggest that the game is all about jumping, bouncing back and forth between exploding platforms is an easy task and you've already seen it. Don't be deceived, it's not that easy and Jump Robot is much more than that!

Jump Robot allows to equip and significantly improve the main character. You are dying to unlock each next upgrade and boost. There are several types of turbo engines, high octane fuel, titan springs and players can even change colors and the whole appearance of their robot.

The game features lots of different add-ons and power-ups. On your way to outer space you'll have to gather coins, gems and lives. There is a store where players can upgrade all kinds robot characteristics: add engine power, jump strength, strafe, parachute, health, improved replaceable parts and more. The full version of the game allows players to use additional equipment listed in the store, including magnetic fields and all of other features giving significant survival advantage and game dynamics.

The game controls are not solely via accelerometer. If you tap the screen the jack pack will be activated. There are also many customizable things that require interaction with the screen.

What was cool to discover, is that whenever your robot evades threatening objects, you get the slow-motion effect similar to ones in The Matrix movie.
A valuable add on is the ability to share your results on Facebook or Twitter.

More over, there is a global leader board with high scores and achievements. What's amazing is that every time you start the game, layout of a stage changes. That's why this platformer will never seem the same. That's why beating even your own score will be quite a challenge. Jump Robot is a great game for pastime while going by public to work, waiting in a long queue or just cheeling. Just get the game and reach that Space!

I made several screen shots while playing, I atteched them to the post.

The game is already available on the App Store, so you can enjoy it yourself: https://itunes.apple.com/ua/app/id558489161?mt=8

Attachments

• IMG_0721.png
    IMG_0721.png
    551.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0736.png
    IMG_0736.png
    607.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0758.png
    IMG_0758.png
    555.9 KB · Views: 58
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.