Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nothlit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I've been having a problem with my Apple TV (3rd gen) recently. I wanted to mark an entire season of a TV show as watched, so I went into the episode listing, did the long-hold of the center button on the remote to bring up the "mark as watched" dialog. But when I attempt to select any of the options ("mark as watched" or "mark season as watched") nothing happens. The dialog just sits there and doesn't go away until I press the menu button, and nothing gets marked as watched. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried resetting my Apple TV (reset all settings, set up again from scratch) but this hasn't helped.

I think this problem started manifesting itself after the most recent software update a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, there is no way to roll back an Apple TV software update, as far as I'm aware.

Nothlit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Apparently I wasn't waiting long enough. I let it go about 3-4 minutes this last time and finally the dialog box went away and the episodes were marked as watched. Still not a great experience -- and nothing else seems to be wrong (still able to download and stream episodes just fine) so I'm not sure what's happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.