Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi.

Would the Lightning to 30 pin adapter work with the Gear4 IceBox Edge case? The bottom of the case is very closed-off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 77

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Hi.

Would the Lightning to 30 pin adapter work with the Gear4 IceBox Edge case? The bottom of the case is very closed-off.

Probably not. Only the USB to lightening will work. The 30-pin is simply too short. If you have a car USB adapter, then you can use the USB cable. I have this issue with the 30-pin adapter that I use for my iPhone 4 car charger and my Audi iPod connection. I have the Speck Candyshell case. I'm waiting for the Nanotch adapter to become available on Amazon :rolleyes:

11CalispecGT

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Hi.

Nope, will not work. I have a case with a similar bottom and doesn't work. The part between the speaker openings and adapter opening prevent adapter from going all the way in. Thought about, cutting them out, but on my case, the speaker openings are also too narrow for width of adapter.

Third party case makers didn't pay much attention...the search goes on!!!

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
Try the Monoprice bumper. Mine works with the lighting to 30 pin 0.2 cable adapter.

8091346162_2832d85a0c.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.