PDA

View Full Version : Adding Application to Login-Window

dabizkitman
Oct 16, 2012, 03:26 AM
Hello everybody,
after spending hours in searching for a solution,without any success, I'm trying to get help with this at this forums.
The problem that I want to solve is the following:
I'm using several macs and there are different users with different languages. (Russian,Polish,German,English)
If a user changes the OS X language (everybody uses the same account) to russian then it's not possible for everyone to understand the language and change it to the language the user needs.
So I would like to add the "Language Chooser.app" to the login screen (upper right corner where I can set the input language).
Is this possible?Or is there any way to solve this problem?
I already tried several ways but none works:
For example: Adding Language Chooser.app to Library/StartupItems, this brings an error "unsecure startup objects", I tried to solve this by reparing the rights on this volume, but it doesn't work
Or: defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow AutoLaunchedApplicationDictionary -array-add '{ Path= "/System/Library/CoreServices/Language Chooser.app"; "Hide" = "0"; }'
Or:
defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginitems AutoLaunchedApplicationDictionary -array-add '{ Path= "/System/Library/CoreServices/Language Chooser.app"; "Hide" = "0"; }'
Or:
defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/loginwindow AutoLaunchedApplicationDictionary -array-add '{ Path= "/System/Library/CoreServices/Language Chooser.app"; "Hide" = "0"; }'

None of those work.

It would be great if there is anybody who can help me with this issue.

Kind regards

bizzi :)

Mal
Oct 16, 2012, 08:34 AM
You're trying to make this much harder than you have to. The option already exists in System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Options. Check the box for "Show Input menu in login window".

jW

dabizkitman
Oct 16, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for your reply.But I don't wanna see the input menu (this is already active) I want to add a menu for choosing the language the OS X has to use after logging in. ;)

Weaselboy
Oct 16, 2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your reply.But I don't wanna see the input menu (this is already active) I want to add a menu for choosing the language the OS X has to use after logging in. ;)

How about paste this into Applescript editor and save as an app, then add the app to login items?

tell application "/System/Library/CoreServices/Language Chooser.app" to launch

dabizkitman
Oct 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
How about paste this into Applescript editor and save as an app, then add the app to login items?

tell application "/System/Library/CoreServices/Language Chooser.app" to launch

Iam going to try this one. But then it's a window that appears every time someone logs on this workstation.And then everybody is going to complain something like "I'm getting this chooser all of the time,please remove this,it's one click too much for me":D Our users are very...SPECIAL ;)

dabizkitman
Jan 17, 2013, 07:31 AM
Is there anyone who may have an idea? ;)