PDA

View Full Version : iPod in-ear headphones

moodymikey
Sep 1, 2005, 05:45 AM
I recently purchased the in-ear headphones from iPod, and up until they have been great. However recently the sound has become quite quiet and im guessing that the ear phones just need cleaning. So I looked around trying to find out how to clean the earphones and I found thiss.

remove the rubber bit. The O shaped diaphragm must be cleaned with a needle Gently feel around until you can feel a hole in the diaphragm, and push through it. There must be a hole in each side for the sound to get through. There holes often get clogged with earwax eyc, and need to be kept open. If you do that the sound should return to normal.
an them, and i found this

is this advice right? and if it is, what is the o-shaped diaphragm?

thanks in advance!

Applespider
Sep 1, 2005, 05:54 AM
Hmm, looking at mine, I'm not sure. It could be the more 0 shaped mark on the back of the earbud although you wouldn't have to take the rubber off to see it and I don't think it's wide enough to get a needle through.

The other option that I read here, and does work although it sounds a little eurgh, is to take off the silicone cups, wipe off any visible wax and then gently suck on the metal mesh. If the edge is clean, you shouldn't end up with the taste of wax but it will clear the phone.