Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I have an iphone 4 with ios6 and ever since I updated, some events randomly have a gray dashed border around them and appear grayed out. Why is this? Thanks!

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I have an iphone 4 with ios6 and ever since I updated, some events randomly have a gray dashed border around them and appear grayed out. Why is this? Thanks!

If I recall correctly, these are events for which your participation is "Tentative", as opposed to "Accepted" or "Declined".

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Strange because they are just regular calendar events, not invitations and such. If I click on them, there is no option to accept or decline either.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I had this as well...one theory is that it is related to an issuing synching with Outlook events when the event may have originated in another mail client.

Simply go into the event and erase the invited attendees and it will show up correctly...doesn't actually uninvite them when you do this (I hope...:eek:)

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I had this as well...one theory is that it is related to an issuing synching with Outlook events when the event may have originated in another mail client.

Simply go into the event and erase the invited attendees and it will show up correctly...doesn't actually uninvite them when you do this (I hope...:eek:)

The strange thing is that there are no invited attendees of any kind.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
ok i figured it out. I was using google calendar sync, so I just unchecked everything about guests in the event and it went back to normal. Thanks for the help!

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
ok i figured it out. I was using google calendar sync, so I just unchecked everything about guests in the event and it went back to normal. Thanks for the help!

Kewl...I think I would consider that a bug that needs to be addressed...and I think someone sent it in.:)

Edslunch

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I see my Facebook events and unaccepted Outlook meetings (syched by google synch) this way. If I accept the meeting in Outlook they go solid and I assume the same would apply to Facebook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.