Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zzdodge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
I really don't want to go to iOS 6 and would like to upgrade from 4.3.2 to 5.1.1. Can someone point me to when I can find out how to do this? I have not done well googling for it, as there are alot of false hits.

Thanks.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Yes, but you need your SHSH blobs for 5.1.1. Use TinyUmbrella to check for them. If you don't understand any part of that, Google it. It's been asked thousands of times before.

zzdodge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Hey Intell, thanks for the quick response. I will have to see how/where I can get the SHSH blobs. In there a procedure or FAQ on this?

zzdodge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
trying to figure out if I am out of luck because I never saved the SHSH blobs...

zzdodge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Well perhaps because there are thousands of postings out there, it makes it more difficult to get to the bottom of things. I've spent about 5 hours Googling away, and do not have a clear answer. So here are my questions, and perhaps someone will be able to guide me.

1. If I never had 5.1.1 installed, where would I obtain SHSH blobs so that I could install.
2. Since 5.1.1 is apparently not an option via Apple iTunes, what utility would ultimately load that os on the the 4G?
3. Is there way I can determine the correct version which would work today, rather than a year or two ago, of any utilities?
4. Is there a FAQ or a resource guide somewhere which would have either the steps or the meta steps to accomplish an upgrage?

Thanks.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Use TinyUmbrella to check to see if the SHSH blobs for your device on 5.1.1 exist. If they don't, you can never go to iOS 5.1.1.

zzdodge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
They don't exist. I guess I am out of luck.

Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.