Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axlesteele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Mac OS X restore need help?
My Mac is having trouble logging on. After pressing the power button, I attempt to log in only to be greeted with a prohibited sign and a toggling wheel that never seems to stop. I called Tech Support and they had me do some sort of reset over the internet, but when they had me try to do a Lion Restore, it got stuck on the Disk it wanted me to do restore on. It said that it was looking for a Disk to install on but was unable to find any. I also have some Time Machine Backups on an External Harddrive, but the same thing happens after I try to back up to that. I know the hard drive is connected because they had me attempt to find it. They also had me try and repair it, but also to no avail. The time machine on my drive is showing up as well. It is also running OS X Lion.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
It sounds like they had you in the Lion Recovery screen. Hold command-r when booting to get back to that screen. Then start Disk Utility and click on Macintosh HD then repair disk. What happens?

axlesteele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Nothing

There is an error message and it says that it cant find/repair the disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.