Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Whaddya know? Haven't used my iBook on battery-alone power for more than a year. Today I was using the Internet and heavy word processing. My iPhone was also charging from USB. Battery stayed with me for 2 hours, 20 minutes.

It's the original Apple batter and shows 172 cycles. Not bad.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
Whaddya know? Haven't used my iBook on battery-alone power for more than a year. Today I was using the Internet and heavy word processing. My iPhone was also charging from USB. Battery stayed with me for 2 hours, 20 minutes.

I get 3 hours with 178 cycles. I guess I could get more if I didn't use my usb laptop fan...

EggrollShop

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
Yeah they do still offer pretty decent battery life especially with their age. I had a PowerBook G4 and that was still giving me roughly around the same battery that you guys are having.

Imixmuan

Suspended
Dec 18, 2010
sometimes

Leaving your ibook or powerbook battery to drain completely (and I mean completely, like for weeks or months) then recharging fully can "recondition" a tired old battery. My ol ibook barely held a charge, I let it sit for a few months, then charged it back up, and lo and behold, I had hours of battery life.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Leaving your ibook or powerbook battery to drain completely (and I mean completely, like for weeks or months) then recharging fully can "recondition" a tired old battery. My ol ibook barely held a charge, I let it sit for a few months, then charged it back up, and lo and behold, I had hours of battery life.

Yup. I've heard that before. When I wasn't using it on the road at all, I let it drain then took it out for about four months.

teribithia

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
London

Er if you watch 1080P movie or play video game you will see the battery only stayed for 1.5 hour or less. :D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.